I booked an executive room but my booking was changed to a room in the Beach House. This is about 400 yards from the main hotel. The lane to it is largely unlit as is the rough car park. The doorway into the Beach House us very poorly lit making your entrance through the locked door very difficult. This all would be a nightmare on a rainy night. It was bad enough in the dark.
The room was very plain and the description in the hotel's website inaccurate. There is no wifi, the tv struggles to get 5 channels and there is no sound system. The views of the loch are good but only if you stand up and look through the small window. The furniture is very plain.
The restaurant promises locally cought seafood from a menu the often changes. The menu in Spring is almost identical to the autumn menu. The only fish available is cod or haddock. Smoked salmon and fish cakes were also available but nothing like the delights promised in the website.
The breakfast was very poor. There certainly was no "Scottish Breakfast" that the website boasts. The only hot items were bacon and scrambled egg. The scrambled egg looked like the nasty frozen stuff often served. The "Continental Breakfast" consisted of croissants, sliced cheddar cheese and sliced bought in ham. Very unimpressive.
It is also very inconvenient that a tab is not allowed in the bar/restaurant.
Altogether a very disappointing experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary Inn offers beautiful, rustic accommodation, a new wave fish restaurant and stunning lounge. The eat-in/take-away restaurant uses only the best of local produce. An impressive bar stocks quality local real ales and over 200 malts selected from the top whiskey regions in Scotland. Set back on the main A82, three miles north of Luss, the Inn is a perfect place to stop for food, drink or a relaxing overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Inn on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Inverbeg Hotel Luss
- Inverbeg Inn
- Inverbeg Hotel
- The Inn On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland