“Mixed experience”

Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Luss
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Loch Lomond Arms Hotel is a traditional inn situated in the heart of one of Scotland's loveliest villages, Luss, just 24 miles from Glasgow within the Loch Lomond National Park. This beautiful Loch Lomond hotel remains true to its tradition as an 18th century village inn but with the comfort and facilities of a modern hotel. The hotel has 14 individually designed bedrooms, a bar and restaurant, as well as a weddings and events suite.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staff friendly enough, cullin skink was delicious but everything else we had was average. We were put at a small table for two which was fine but my husband's seat was not a chair it was like a hole in the wall. Service a bit slow.

1  Thank Muweti

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We ate at the restaurant as we were guests at the hotel. The atmosphere was really relaxed, which is what I enjoy, but the service was a bit on the slow side. Whilst the meals were of good quality, for the ambience and service, the prices were not in line with a relatively casual situation.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just wanted to eat. There seemed to be plenty of waiters, and the place were not full but nobody had time for us; they were chatting with each other. I need to ask if somebody wanted to take our order and when we eventually got something nobody seemed to want any money for it. Temptation to leave without paying grew every minute. The restaurant was a disappointment.

2  Thank Helena S
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visited this hotel on a beautiful sunny day. Although it is situated on a main road, once inside the traffic was not a problem. We were greeted quickly & efficiently and were given the choice of three areas in which to eat. We chose the bar area our drinks order was taken and dispensed very quickly even though the place was extremely busy. The menu was varied and had something fir everybody, there were also daily specials. I ordered the battered fish and chips and I was not disappointed, it was beautifully presented and the fish was the best I have tasted for a long time, it was accompanied with chips, puréed peas and salad leaves. The others in my party had the macaroni and the haggis, which were also enjoyed.

If you are visiting Luss or are in the area I would recommended you pay this hotel a visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I believe that the food at an a la carte restaurant has to be of a very high standard to justify the cost of the meal. I am also a firm believer that you should leave comfortably full.

For starter I had the scallops with black pudding (£10.95) with a salad and sauce. It was very tasty, but 3 medium sized scallops for the price seems quite excessive in comparison with other restaurants where I would pay about £7 for this (and usually with chorizo, I may add!).

I had the fillet steak with hand cut chips for main (about £23.95) which as well as the scallops, was presented very well. Unfortunately, due the presentation (chips served in a small metal bucket), there were a very small amount of chips. I found that the steak, (which was cut into two halves) was hot, but not piping, as a rare steak of this price should be.

For dessert i had a strawberry pavlova, which consisted of a giant meringue, decorated with chantilly cream and fresh strawberries with a strawberry sauce. The pavlova was presented very nicely and the meringue was of a nice size, but very dry and not gooey at all in the middle. The strawberries, chantilly cream and sauce were lovely, but more cream was needed for the size of the meringue.

Overall, the food was of a good standard, but the portion sizes were very small (even for a la carte), lacking the final flourish and overpriced by a considerable amount.

However, the service was very prompt and food was served very quickly.