“very relaxing stay slight disappointment”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed March 20, 2014

myself and my wife booked through 5pm for a 2 night stay dbb overall a very good experience the staff where very attentive and helpful for dinner and at the bar.
the room was quite a strange layout with the bath and sink part of the living space.
the food quality was very good for both breakfast and dinner especially breakfast.
the only disappointments was the drink prices which were quite steep.
our main gripe was that my wife is blind and needs assistance to go to the toilet which is a lot easier with a separate disabled toilet which at this hotel is not available.
there is disabled toilets but they are a cubicle inside the main ladies toilet and both my wife and i felt uncomfortable having to use this and i,m sure the women entering and seeing a man loitering in the toilets did too.
surely this is something most hotels should have as standard these days.
although this didn't spoil our stay and we would certainly return in the future if this was rectified

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and have passed your positive comments on to my team.I would apologise for the situation regarding the disabled facilities within the hotel and I am currently looking at a number of options to alleviate this problem and impprove on our facilities.I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The rooms we had were beautiful and looked straight across the loch. We also had a sauna in the room. The bed was lovely, nice and comfortable and the room was pitch black when all the lights were out. We had a three course meal which was fantastic and the manager even did a special request dessert for us.
Breakfast the next morning was also lovely.
My only worry was that there was no door to the bathroom, I understand that this was the same in all the rooms and yes there was a shower curtain but had I shared the room with anyone other than my partner I would have been very uncomfortable.
All in all would love to return.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with balcony were the best
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

What a really lovely review!I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction.Your positive comments have been passed to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a 5pm deal for my 60th birthday.
A card and 2 glasses of champagne in room on arrival was a nice touch.
I have visited before and as before staff are very friendly and helpful.
Dinner was nice and of a very high standard, only the service let it down slightly, had to ask for the bread rolls.
Took tea in the bar and was treated to a birthday cake and the staff singing happy birthday to me. Breakfast was the usual high standard. Overall the usual high standard and fantastic views over the loch from our room.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

And a happy belated birthday.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nice hotel, quaint with a little bit too much tartan but it is Loch Lomond.
Apparently Mr B Clinton has frequented it !

Hotel is good but the swimming pool is in an annex building..alright if your room is in the annex I guess.

Hotel is nice and the location is next to none especially if you get a room overlooking the loch..with its own balcony ! Rooms have their own steam room/sauna too !

When we stayed the waitress who brought our red wine screwed the cap back on after pouring...made us chuckle a bit. Food was good in the restaurant as was breakfast - plenty to go around.

Room Tip: Ask for a loch view in the main building and be astounded by the view !
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Nice review!!Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We booked an overnight here through 5pm.com - £99 for dinner bed and breakfast. We thought we were getting a good deal but we were really disappointed.
On arrival, our checkin details weren't prepared and they couldn't find our booking. We were asked to wait and I had to try scroll through old emails on my mobile trying to find a confirmation. Eventually they found it.

We checked into our room which was very small, but clean and had a nice view of the loch.
On going into the bar area for a drink, the table was covered with food/drink from the previous guests' lunch. The bar man removed the glasses and plates etc but made no atempt to clean the scraps of food and sauce that was on the table.

The service was really slow and they encouraged us not to pay cash but to open a tab - BIG MISTAKE!
Our evening meal was slow service again. Food was average. We received a menu stating 3 course set menu. A few items were marked as having to pay an additonal small charge (as you would expect for steak etc) so we assumed the 3 courses were part of our 5pm deal and ordered accordingly. We also ordered a bottle of the house red.

At breakfast, the selection of food was fine, but the plates had dried food stuck to the bottom! Both my husband and i picked up a plate from the stack at the buffet and both had food encrusted on the bottom.

Upon checkout, we were faced with a very large bill of over £160. This included the charge for our 5pm deal which they hadn't taken off. The remaining £60+ was our drinks and also our desserts from the night before. We queried why we were charged for one of the courses on the set menu and were advised the deal only covered 2 courses. I was also surprised to see they charged us 2 x 250ml glasses + 1 x 175ml glasses of red wine, as opposed to a bottle of the house red. We ordered a bottle because buying by the bottle usually works out a good bit cheaper...

We are still convinced we have been overcharged by at least £15 for drinks. We can remember exactly we drunk and it didnt tally with our bill. On asking for a breakdown there was no detailed breakdown of each order, just a bill showing the amount - not what it was for.
The queue to check out was long and there were another older couple seemingly shocked at their bill too. So we just squared the bill and left.
It's not a lot of money to be overcharged, but all the way home it left us with a bad taste in our mouths - we felt totally RIPPED OFF!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura W

Thank you for your review and I was most surprised to read your comments,with over 700 guests per week staying with us this is the first review I have received of this nature.I would be most grateful if you could email me on nigel.bird@loch-lomond.co.uk so I can look further into the issues raised.I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My sisters and I were treated to an overnight stay with dinner bed & breakfast AND afternoon tea! To say we were spoiled would be an understatement....It was first class service the minute we stepped inside the reception and the customer service we received from the General Manager Nigel was outstanding and all the rest of the staff were very courteous and friendly. Very good start to a very nice weekend! The Lodge we stayed in was clean comfortable and had gorgeous views across the Loch. The three course meal we had was also very tasty and cannot be faulted.
The whole experience was excellent and cannot wait to go back. A big thank you to Nigel and the staff at Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel for giving my sisters and I a fabulous mini break.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

What an amazing review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor,I was delighted to read your comments and that you had enjoyed your stay with us.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our first year anniversary and loved it.

The service was great, on arrival I was taken to meet the hotel manager and chef to discuss what I was going to have for dinner as I had called up 2 days previous as I could not see a veggie option when searching the online menu. I told them I could only have halal chicken, so the ordered me some in. Fabulous service and meant we weren't restricted to what we could have. The chicken was great as was the breakfast in the morning. Very freindly staff and the room and surroundings were great.

Highly recommend and if you have any special dietary requirements, call before hand and I'm sure the will do all they can to accommodate. I was very impressed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Great review and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor,my team pride themselves on delivering first class hospitality and will be delighted with your comments.
Nigel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!