“Superb”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a room only basis. Arrived fairly late but check in was good and friendly. Went to the bar for drinks which was very relaxing and good service.

Room was spacious and comfortable. We were on the ground floor overlooking the car park but also the loch which was gorgeous.

Close by to Loch Lomand Shores and Mcdonalds which we went to for breakfast as we were up really early and out and about.

Would stay here again and next time would try the restaurant for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Loch, amazing to wake up to that view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Lovely review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor, next visit you should try our restaurant as it has a second to none vista with great food and great service.I have passed your comments on to my team and look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge in the future.
Nigel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was a surprise break for my husband. The view from room 20 was to die for. It would be good to have outside lights -especially when it gets dark and you still want to sit outside.

The room has a sauna and a great power shower. Lovely fresh towels, and plenty refreshments.

Room 20 was spacious except for the extra pull down bed which made it feel cramped.

Staff are all really helpful and friendly, and don't rush you. Food is lovely. Breakfast is good value at £10, and if you like coffee this is the place to go, as it is plentiful.

We will definitely go back as this is one of the most relaxing places we have been.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place such a fabulous review and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience on your recent visit to the Lodge.I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here as a present we got from a friend for our wedding. We took our 7month baby with us so my husband went to check us in and I stayed in the car with her. We were booked into a Munro room in the annexe across the car park from the hotel where the spa was. We went up to our room which was no. 67? (I think). It was gorgeous! The room was lovely. We had an open plan living area, bedroom, bathroom which was all gorgeous. We also had a sauna in our room which because it was there we had to use. Everything was lovely including the balcony overlooking the loch although being at the end we seen more trees than loch but you could still see it and it was lovely. After unpacking we headed over to the hotel to get a drink. After being in our room, I expected the hotel to be of equal quality and standards. It didn't in my opion , the reception area was a bit dated and the bar area well there wasn't really one. We sat out on the balcony but there was a bar but it was more just the restaurant really. Not a specific bar which at night time I would not have wanted to go to so we went out.
We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as I didn't fancy the menu so we ate out in Luss which was lovely. We had looked on trip advisor before and people were raving about the breakfasts. I don't know why through. I had a cooked breakfast which was very greasy in which you helped yourself to, I went but there were no fried eggs. Apparently you have to order fried eggs if this is what you want as there is only scrambled in the keep warm dishes, but no one told us this. So by the time I ordered my eggs from the waiter (who acted like it was a hassle any time i asked for anything)I had just about finished my breakfast. If we hadn't already paid B and B this breakfast was to cost about £15 per person. It is never worth that money. There is not enough choice and the food itself isn't good enough to justify the price.
I would stay here again but only for the rooms as that was definitely the selling point for me. But as for the main hotel I would probably give it a miss again.

There is also a pool here. Not a spa so don't get too excited which you have to go down what remind me of steps to a flume. We went because it was there but wouldn't chose the hotel because of the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

You are quite right the views are second to none! I am delighted that you found your room to your satisafaction and that you had a comfortable stay with us. I have taken your comments on board regarding our breakfast offering and will discuss with our Food and Beverage team with a view to improving this aspect and how we manage our buffet service.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is such a beautiful Lodge overlooking Loch Lomond by the fairy tale village of Luss.
I found it by chance on the internet and had no idea about the town. The room had a balcony/deck overlooking the Loch. The room was so comfortable, fridge, iron, and the price was excellent. The people were extremely friendly as they were in the town. An absolute treasure of a find.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Loch - the sunset and sunrise is spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Great review and great comments! Thank you for taking the time to write such a super review, my team are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited for 3 nights mini moon straight after our wedding. I was so concerned about previous reviews that I considered changing hotels. I emailed the manager who quickly put my mind at rest. How glad I am that we stayed here. Our room was spacious, spotless & recently decorated, a far cry from some other reviews. The bed was large & perfectly firm, probably a new mattress, the carpet spotless, in-room sauna ideal etc etc. the restaurant was good the evening we went. I would agree with others that the breakfast could do with a freshen up, it's a bit unusual now a days not to have it cooked to order. Eggs of any form do not do well at all after 2 or 3 minutes on a buffet style breakfast, continental selection seemed more or less empty at varying times over the 3 mornings. All in all though, the staff here are some of the best we have come across, plus the hotel and it's views are beautiful. Book it!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hi Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Lodge and I am sure you agree it truly is unique both in its location and style and what I found most encouraging about your review wwas the point you made about my team as they really do provide great hospitality to all of our guests all of the time.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Housekeeping shocking, dirty, dusty, stale urine smells. Noisy drunks, lack of tea, coffee etc, no fresh water, unless you paid for it. Breakfast not included and rates changed...quality poor, mouldy bread etc. Our suite too hot & stuffy & when we came back one day the balcony door was wide open & someone had been smoking in there. We checked to see if we had been robbed! I got burnt in shower when partner used other bathroom...nothing done about it. Infact any request or complaint was totally disregarded. But on a good note the evening meal in the restaurant was superb, I would highly recommend it to anyone and the prices very reasonanable indeed.
We do not mind paying good prices for good products and services.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor not ground or higher if you want a view of the loch.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear reviewer,I was most concerned to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us and would be grateful if you would contact me directly in order to discuss your comments in greater detail.I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently stayed in the hotel with my mum. It was our first time. I was in need of a peaceful break, so was not disappointed. The hotel setting was perfect for me!! Right from our arrival, reception staff were very helpful,.Our room was fantastic,with a stunning view.The room was spacious and very clean. I especially loved my personalised sauna!. Every member of staff were very helpful and very friendly. We used the pool/spa which were lovely and most of all very clean! We ate in the resturant a few times, and were not disappointed, good quality. The breakfast was excellent.
Overall a most enjoyable mini break, and I will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: A room right on then Loch side with the balcony facing the loch. I liked the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marybpayne
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

The in room sauna are fabulous, great way to relax before dinner. Im delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found everything to your satisafaction,my team take great pride in offering our guests first class hospitality and service.Thank you for taking the time to place your review.
Nigel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!