Just stayed there this week. The hotel is in a beautiful location. They maybe just be resting on their laurels a little because of the view. It is a 4 star hotel but could be doing with a little refurbishment. Our room was lovely with a gorgeous view but there was one strip of wallpaper that was loose, it would not take much to stick it back down. There was a bit of moss and a few weeds growing on the balcony, this also could not take much to sort out. In the restaurant, there was a couple of lamps with broken or burnt out bulbs, again would not take much to replace them. There was a few webs in some lights and ceiling as well, having someone go through the hotel and writing everything down and then sending in cleaning staff and maybe a handyman and everything would be better. I also think they should offer some treatments in the Spa rather than just pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, etc.
On our first night, we arrived at the bar at about half nine and asked for snacks but was told the kitchen was closed, again an easy fix. Was not looking for gourmet meal but someone who was able to make a toasted sandwich would do. We used the restaurant on the second night and although our meal was nice it was not great. We ordered medium steaks, they came well done. They tasted fine so rather than send them back we ate them but told the waitress they were overcooked, did not expect anything off but just wanted them to know to tell the chef. She was very apologetic and asked if we wished to speak to the manager. We said no, she told him and he gave us a free drink to make up for it. We ordered chocolate mousse with vanilla ice cream for pudding. We waited and waited and waited. After 40 minutes or so the waiter arrived with doughnuts and ice cream. We told him it was the wrong order, he apologised and took them away. After another 15 minutes our mousse turned up, got to say it was worth the wait. It was sublime. Again the manager was told by the waiter and they took the mousse off our bill to make up for the time we spent waiting on it. Cannot fault the serving staff or the manager as all very courteous and friendly. Just a few tweaks and it would have been perfect.
Don't know that I would go back there, not so much because of the hotel but as there is nothing other than a cruise around the loch to do. We knew this before we went so was not expecting anything but now we have done it I don't think we would be rushing to go back. We wanted quiet and that is what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, LateRooms, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland