“A surprise stay”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

On the way home from MacDonald Forest Hills we took the scenic route and ended up here around 7pm. We decided to go in for dinner and enquired if they had any rooms for the night and they had 2, one of which we got for a very reduced rate so it meant I could have a pint instead of continuing home. Room was clean and fuctional if a little small. The en-suite shower room was beautiful and dinner was superb. A little disappointed at breakfast as there was only the full scottish available as a hot option. I would have preferred smoked salmon and scrambled eggs as a lighter option as I was still quite full from the dinner. I did enquire but was told this wasn't available. I would even have paid a small supplement for this. After all it is Mr. C's FISH & Whiskey Restaurant and I had some whiskey.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I would like to thank the restaurant manager for providing a bottle of wine for our party on Tuesday 8th June 2014 as we were there for a meal to celebrate my mother in law's 100th birthday. She had had a hectic day and didn't want any fuss so he discreetly produced a bottle of wine to help celebrate. Nice touch

2  Thank wl642013
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We attended with family and friends, the night before a wedding, and I can honestly say that we were all really disappointed.
Ok, the location, and choices on the menu were lovely, but the miserable and rude staff, argumentative waiter, the fact the best man was left to take the orders, and then had to help clear the plates because the staff were too busy texting and chatting. I mean, come on, this is a place with a captive audience, given the location.
All that, plus the bride to be ending up in tears because they even forgot to bring her vegetarian option out till everyone else was nearly done.
Would I go back....probably not.

1  Thank TIrving2
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Ate dinner in the restaurant, as guests at the hotel.
I ordered the sea bass which was delicious and my partner had a giant burger. We were both satisfied with the standard of food and service.
If weather is inclement or the midges are too much for you(!) there's plenty space inside for indoor dining in a modern, tastefully decorated restaurant area. There is also a bar area for less formal dining.
This would be perfectly suitable for a family dinner, romantic meal or just a quick bite to eat as you travel along the banks of Loch Lomond.
There's a good space for al fresco dining. Some chairs had cushions, but others didn't so we ended up sharing them round with other diners.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was part of a 30 person cycling group who had lunch here a few days ago, so we were tired, hungry and in a hurry. This place was just perfect. The service was good, the food excellent and the portions amazing. The view was pretty good too, so I will be back.

1  Thank simonshearer