“Cycling Lunch”

Coach House Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Luss
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary, quirky Scottish coffee shop set in the picturesque village of Luss, on the banks of Loch Lomond. Serving a wide range of coffees, teas, home baking and food from 10am to 5pm, 364 days per year. Lunch is served all day as we know many of our customers are travelling. A selection of our fabulous home made 'main meal soups' are always on offer with a hunk of locally baked bread. Stokies (large soft bread rolls) are filled with our own prepared fillings such as honey roast ham with redcurrant jelly. For something more substantial try our Quiche and coleslaw prepared from scratch on the premises, Salmon and Prawns, Haggis and Clapshot or Ciabatta breads prepared like pizzas. Our gift shop is filled with quirky Scottish sourced items !!
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A lovely establishment in a beautiful village. On our short stay on the shores of Loch Lomond we visited here twice and had tea and scones both times and they were excellent both both times. Big, well baked, extremely tasty and fantastic with cream and jam!!! Not to be missed and after a long off road cycle on the shores was a welcome break. I did have to laugh though and not originally intending to have something to eat out when we were on our bikes I only took £10 and realising we only had £10 asked the waiter to check the amount of our order prior to serving it to us & it came to £10.20p, I explained our situation and to my absolute amazement, we were forced to reduce our order by 1 scone as he was clearly not going to reduce the bill by 20p!!!! Reminds me of the Walkers crisp advert where he says "Aye you no haven' a sale? I guess that the Scot's for you. Notwithstanding that though, lovely place and lovely Scone!!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped in Luss on the way to Fort William. We had heard about this place and we were not disappointed at all. The service was excellent. It is a lovely coffee shop serving really nicve sandiwches and cakes and so on. Bear in mind the portions are large.
Everyone was friendly and helpful and I would thoroughly recommend it.
P.S. Kris Commons was in there whilst we were there so it could be considered a celebrity hotspot by some!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On a trip to Loch Lomond, we called into this lovely coffee shop, passing through their little Gift Shop first.
A young man in a Kilt, showed us to a table outside, that we asked for, right away, and was very efficient.
We had a Coffee and a Tea, which were served promptly.
My Teapot was Tartan and Large - and I got 5 Cups from the Pot.
The attached Gift Shop was quaint and nice, and everyone was friendly and helpful.
Lovely little place.

1  Thank westy58
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We called in one afternoon, Luss was busy, and we were shown to a table and invited to choose from the menu from a young male staff member. He actually seemed more interested in chatting to the other staff congregated around the till than with customers. We chose and started to give him the order a few moments later. The menu was exceptionally basic so there was not a lot to choose from and priced at over £6 for a roll. "No food" he said, "the kitchen is shut".
As a restaurant without food is a chocolate teapot so to speak, we decided not to bother and raised our annoyance at having been sat, and given a menu etc and not told. The lady apologised and ran outside after us, offering soup. Big wow!!! The place can manage soup!
What a ridiculous situation. Wont bother with this foodless cafe again, as they clearly cant be bothered with customers.

1  Thank MissDollyD
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited Luss for a day at beach enjoying the nice weather! I popped into the gift shop attached to coffee shop, so thought might as well pick up some lunch! The surroundings...very nice. I asked to takeaway two sandwich's and was given choice of 3 fillings, all basic, was advised they were large rolls! I was shocked when paying to be charged £12.60 for both!!! Yes large, however a basic soft white bap! The filling bulcked with excessive mayonnaise! Plus cheap tasting margarine! I was totally disappointed and actually hungry! I'm very sure coach house could still make a reasonable profit from serving decent quality produce! The price for a takeaway was extrodinate! I will be mindful of bringing a picnic on my next visit!

4  Thank sarahbt0901