“A hidden gem, worth checking out!”

Coach House Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Luss
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary, quirky Scottish coffee shop set in the picturesque village of Luss, on the banks of Loch Lomond. Serving a wide range of coffees, teas, home baking and food from 10am to 5pm, 364 days per year. Lunch is served all day as we know many of our customers are travelling. A selection of our fabulous home made 'main meal soups' are always on offer with a hunk of locally baked bread. Stokies (large soft bread rolls) are filled with our own prepared fillings such as honey roast ham with redcurrant jelly. For something more substantial try our Quiche and coleslaw prepared from scratch on the premises, Salmon and Prawns, Haggis and Clapshot or Ciabatta breads prepared like pizzas. Our gift shop is filled with quirky Scottish sourced items !
Cambridge, Canada
“A hidden gem, worth checking out!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The village of Luss is most definately somewhere that you should visit when in the Loch Lomond area.
It has a quaint old world charm, and is located literally on the West bank of Loch Lomond.
We were lucky because a friend from the area told us about the place before we planned our trip
Because the road by-passes the village, if you weren't aware of it you'd shoot by without realising what you'd just passed.
I can't speak about the other restaurants there, but on a drab rainy day (as it often is) we stopped in at the Coach House Coffee and Tea shop and left very impressed. Excellent atmosphere and top notch food at a reasonable price.

• Visited June 2012

• Polish first
“Stupendous soup, magnificent muffins”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great stop off, second time for us.The home made soups are very good value. There were four on offer and my OH and I both had the chicken and vegetable. This was a substantial bowl and was piping hot. This came with a huge slice of really tasty bread. We really enjoyed it, really welcome on a chilly day. My OH commented that it was the most home made soup he had ever had whilst eating out. Reminded him of his mum's soup so he was very happy. We managed a cake each - victoria sponge muffin (novel!) for me, caramel apple cake for OH. Both scrummy. Coffee very good. All this came to just over £20. I thought that was very reasonable as everything was of a high quality. You would pay much more than that for indifferent fare in Starbucks, Costa and their ilk so I do not understand the comments about this being overpriced.

Service was very good. We were served by a young man who was attentive and polite. The other waitress we spoke to was also pleasant. We changed tables and that was no bother to them. It was about 90% full when we arrived but we were served very quickly. Again I do not understand the comments from other reviewers about the bad service.

Decor is cosy. I love the crockery which everything is served on. It's a rustic tartan design which is specially commissioned by the coffee shop which can be purchased.

There is a small gift shop at the entrance to the coffee shop. Sells Scottish goods with a twist. Some really nice woolly and cashmere scarves in contemporary tartans. Nice soaps and other ornaments. The buyer has an eye for quality offering Scottish goods but not the usual unimaginative tat so often found on the tourist trail.

A bit random, but toilets were nice!

If I am in the area I will head straight here for lunch or afternoon cake.

London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited Luss a few years ago with a large group of friends and really liked it. We returned this month and it was just as lovely! The cafe has a great atmosphere with excellent staff and customer service. The food is of a high standard - you must try the scones and the hot chocolate is also very good!! After take a short walk to the Loch side where there are swans - great sunsets too.

• Visited March 2013
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a long drive home from up north, stopped in at luss and tried 'the coach house' nice wee cafe, yummy food and the staff were friendly and attentive, if we are ever up that way again we will be back

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food/tea/coffee”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Mon 18 Mar 2013.

I have visited several times before, when staying on Loch Lomond, and it's always been good.

Today I had a bowl of Tomato soup with bread, a pot of tea and a Lemon Meringue Muffin, whilst my mate had Chicken Soup, Capuccino and Caramel/Apple Granny's Pudding - ALL of which were FABULOUS!!!

We were served by a young lad in a kilt, so cannot comment on the previous reviews slagging off the older ladies, and especially the cashier, but we had great service today, and on all previous visits!

Well worth a visit!!!