“Lovely meal and attentive staff”
Review of The Village Rest

The Village Rest
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Luss
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great food in a great location - that is what The Village Rest is all about. Always comfortable and friendly, you can be assured of a great time whether you're just in for a cup of coffee and a cake, or a large meal.Our varied and well balanced menu changes regularly and is in season and the food always fresh. We aspire to serve delicious homemade dishes with locally sourced produce. Our atmosphere is relaxed with an eclectic interior. The Village Rest is casual enough for lunch or tea, and yet formal enough for special occasions.In the perfect village of Luss, The Village Rest is ideally placed for enjoying Loch Lomond and the scenery of the national park. Arguably Scotland's most beautiful loch, Loch Lomond is also one of the largest. There is huge variety too, between the gentle sweeping farmland of the southern edge to the rugged highland shores of the north. Luss is positioned on the edge of the Highlands and has great views across to the islands and mountains of Loch Lomond.Luss is connected to central Scotland by the A82, a good quality fast road, with driving times of less than an hour from central Glasgow.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

27 of us had dinner at the Village Rest last weekend and I could not fault the food or the staff, I had a special diet but nothing was too much trouble, although busy staff were pleasant, and attentive. Would recommend as a great place to dine in Luss. Will certainly return if I am in the area again.

There are newer reviews for The Village Rest

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have been going here for many years since it opened. We were told that it had changed hands so decided to go back today for breakfast. We asked if we could have scrambled egg instead of fried egg with our breakfast, however we were informed that this wouldn't be possible... I mean how hard is it to scramble eggs? A qualified chef should of been able to accept this request.

The coffee was very bitter and I had to add 2 sugars to be able to drink it (I don't usually take sugar).

The breakfast despite having fried eggs was very nice. Much better than when the past owners had the place ads it was very enjoyable. The only off putting thing was the dried up brown sauce on the sauce bottle cap. A local cafe by our house washes theirs every morning to prevent a build up of dry sauce so maybe this should be taken on board.

I will be trying it here again and hope to be able to award it more than average.

The 2 waitresses where very friendly and attentive.

Overall the place is worth a visit but they need to improve their coffee, wash the sauce bottle tops and accommodate customers requests better.

1  Thank garethcia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Good quality food in lovely house restaurant few hundred meters from the shore. very affordable cost with several good choices. Do not miss if in the area. I liked the haddock pie.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Casual but good food. Within walking distance to the Lodge at Loch Lomond. The staff was very attentive. Lovely area to enjoy the lake and flowers

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Village Rest has lovely décor and when we arrived, we were greeted and seated immediately. It looked like we were in for a good evening of fine dining. I don't want to slate the place so I will write a balanced honest review based on my experience.

So the positives- lovely wine & my boyfriend enjoyed a beer (they have a selection of craft beers), nice setting. Most of the staff were friendly. Our starters were very tasty- the mussels & the haggis. I could not fault them.

And now for the negatives- I ordered the steak pie, while the mash & veg were lovely, the main event; the pie was very salty (I actually like salty things and this was too salty for me) and this ruined the pie. My boyfriend ordered the burger and it didn't taste great either.

We also had to ask twice for the bill which I find frustrating. We would be patient people but after not enjoying our dinner, we just wanted to leave.

We may have been unfortunate with what we ordered.