“If this is the best Scotland has to offer- We have a problem”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Colquhoun's

Colquhoun's
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Luss
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“If this is the best Scotland has to offer- We have a problem”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were staying in Luss for a few days seeing the family etc and thought we would try this restaurant, before hand we looked at the menu online and it looked nice so we booked a table online which in fairness was easy to do even from an i phone.
Arrival was when things started to go wrong, they could not find the booking, no matter they found us a table and we ordered up, starters my partner had tempura battered prawns, had there been one less prawn it on the plate the menu would have to be altered to read " tempura battered prawn" and I can`t find the words to describe what had but it bore no resemblance to what appeared on the menu, needless to say it was left.
Main courses, well words almost fail me, I said almost, my main was edible but had clearly been on the hot plate far to long as the fondant potato was more roast than fondant, my partners risotto looked nice I thought but was assured that it was anything but leaving half of it.
I was looking around the restaurant and there were clearly tourists there, so even although it is early I the season ( if that is an excuse ) things should have been so much better.
There are some plus points, the staff were attentive although could do with a bit more organising in some areas and the building was clean and tidy, so the basics were right.
In conclusion we are back up in the summer so might give it another go.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“5pm deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Not got a sweet tooth but had desert as no starter appealed to me very usual as well disappointed as on a 5pm deal certain aspects on the menu had to pay a surplus charge etc for a cheeseboard

Visited January 2014
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Dropped into the Lodge on Loch Lomond for some lunch today, hoping to enjoy the fine views on a perfect spring day. We were shown to our seat and ordered soft drinks then started to look around. What an eye opener - the filthy state of some of the table cloths was totally unacceptable. They were badly stained, and a very bad advertisement for this place. The menu was decidely average and the place which I remembered as being excellent on a visit a few years ago had gone downhill. Staff were attentive, but ,sorry, cancel the drinks we're leaving.

1 Thank David C
Blackpool
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

After visiting the lodge on the loch and dining in the restaurant last year I couldn't wait to go back! I was even considering birthday and wedding celebrations there! However after tonight I will not be rushing back- which is a shame as I have been recommending the lodge on the loch to everyone I know! The food was average at best I ordered tempora prawns which looked and tasted like icelands own! For main I had the "special" lamb which was lacking in....well special. My partner had steak with chunky chips which were more anorexic than chunky. Dessert was ok.... I like runny creme brûlée thankfully! Truly feel gutted I don't mind paying for excellent food and service but at over £80 this was not value for money nor was it worth the money paid - one very sad and disappointed previously loyal customer:(

• Visited March 2014
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Deliciousness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great location, wonderful staff and the most excellent food.
The views over the Loch are stunning and this even on a rainy day adds to the wonderful nature of the restaurant. The chirpy staff are attentive and polite with a good sense of humour. Food is well cooked substantial and beautifully presented. Worth the journey for a most excellent Sunday lunch.