“Very poor lunch”
Review of Colquhoun's

Colquhoun's
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Luss
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor lunch”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I took my 94 year old mother for lunch to Colquhoun's restaurant at The Lodge on Loch Lomond. Disabled access was excellent, but the one disabled parking place was occupied by a car not displaying a blue badge. The staff seemed friendly and our waitress was perfectly competent. The menu was very unprofessionally printed on a ragged piece of paper and I understood from my mother that it had not been changed for months. The napkins were of very poor quality paper. The fish had run out by 1.10pm. There were unacceptably long delays in delivering the starter, main courses and coffee. The food was of average quality. Our waitress apologised for the delays and was clearly embarrassed by them. The desserts were delivered promptly, but 2 of them were wrong. We ate them anyway as we did not wish any further delay. When we pointed this out to the waitress she apologised. It was not her fault. However I would have expected her to report this to her manager and for him/her to apologise and reduce the bill accordingly. This did not happen. On leaving there were a number of staff standing around but not one of them offered to help and open the door for my mother. I was perfecly able to do this but the impression I was left with was that the staff had had little or no training. Overall a very poor experience.

• Visited April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
glasgow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly casual place”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great cask beer and food looked good and modestly priced. An easy walk from Lodge on the Loch through the picture post card village of Luss.

Visited April 2013
Troon, United Kingdom
“"Wonderful"”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had an overnight stay in the hotel and ate dinner in the restaurant.
The staff were very attentive and friendly and we felt the menu had a lot of choices to suit most tastes.
I had the duck which was cooked beautifully and my husband had the pasta. The desserts were fabulous!
The steaks are obviously very popular as they cook them on an open grill, and the aromas coming from the kitchen made us wish we had chosen them instead. Next time!
I felt this was a truly relaxing experience, from the organisation of the waiting staff, the lovely food and to cap it all the view!
Breakfast was also lovely with a lot of choice, and I like the fact they cook your eggs to order!

• Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“overpriced”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Limited choice on the menu. Their chicken ceaser salad was terrible and greatly overpriced at £12.50 for what you got on the plate. Would not recommend. However my partner had the fish and chips and he said this was ok

Visited January 2013
Cambuslang, null, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and son took me here for mother's day. As usual, the service, food, and atmosphere where fantastic. The scenery is breathtaking. Its always been my go to place if I need to 'recharge the batteries' so to speak. I have nothing but positive things to say about both the restaurant and hotel. We have been regular customers there for many years and will be for many years to come.