“Money well spent !!”

Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely stunning, amazing views & great service. Osprey lodges were just perfect & accommodated all our needs. Plenty to see & do with lots to keep the children entertained. Food in the restaurant was lovely & everyone was so welcoming. Shop on site also catered for everything. Would definitely recommend, evening entertainment was fab too!!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Burgy79
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Burgy79

Wow! What a review! Thank you soo much for leaving such positive feedback!

We like to think that we have a bit of something that will suit everyone, in fact we are even planning on introducing more activities for the kids and the bigger kids of course!

I will pass all your comments onto all the team who will be delighted to hear such a positive review. Be sure to like us on Argyll holidays facebook to keep you up to date with everything.

We hope to be welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We own a lodge at this park and are up roughly twice a month. We always make use of all the facilities, the swimming pool gym etc, however we rarely eat in the restaurant! This visit due to arriving at tea time we thought we would give it a go and were pleasantly surprised! Good decent pub grub, with service that the managers should encourage. Mario, who looked after us, was excellent, so polite and dealt with our requests very professionally. Friendly but not over the top, service was prompt, and the food served quickly. Great for those hungry after the journey.
While we stayed this weekend there was a power cut, which lasted around 2 hours. We went to the hotel for coffee as they have there own generator. Full marks to all the staff who had to deal with irate guests demanding to know when the power would be restored. The abuse I heard the receptionist endure was shocking, yet she remained calm and cheery, the lass deserves a medal!!

1  Thank Deadsouls

Dear Deadsouls

Thank you soo much for taking the time to post such a positive review about us here at Drimsnie Estate.

We only use locally sourced ingredients in our foods.

I will pass on your comments to our kitchen team and I am sure Mario will be thrilled that you have given him a mention, which I will be sure to pass on to him.

Unfortunately from time to time in this area we may experience power cuts, all of our staff always endeavour to give great customer service no matter what has happened but we are glad that it doesn’t go unnoticed!

Be sure to like us on Argyll Holidays Facebook to keep up to date with everything.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Duty manager

Reviewed March 5, 2014

we are just back from yet another trip to Drimsynie and this has been one of the best yet (other than when I got married there!).
I have been coming here for over 10years now and with all the new upgrades and activities now available it's a fantastic place for a family holiday. Decided to spoil ourselves with the Lapwing Hot Tub lodge and doubt ill ever book the normal lodges again. was fantastic. The meals were great as usual and the entertainment was second to none. Special mention to Lee the Entertainments Manager who just went that extra mile to make our wee girls time there fantastic! Honestly cannot fault anything about the place and can't wait to get booked up again soon.

Dear Vicky_Scrimgeour

Thank you for taking the time to post you kind comments, it’s very much appreciated!

I am glad you are seeing all the improvements the company are investing in, I am also glad to say that there is an extensive refurbishment plan ahead in the next couple of years, so watch this space!

I am sure Lee will be delighted with a special mention and I will pass on all your comments to the rest of the team! Be sure to like us at us on Argyll holidays facebook to keep up to date with everything.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a great weekend stay in one of the Lapwing lodges with a hot tub.

Fun for all the family. Great views, excellent walks and plenty to keep yourself busy.

I've found all staff to be very helpful from my several experiences of staying in Lochgoil so I would take any reviews saying staff were rude or unkind with a pinch of salt.

Great entertainment for kids now with the early evening Disco and games put on by the events manager Lee.

This is the first time I've stayed in a lodge with a hot tub which was great, but one suggestion I have is that some type of awning or extendable cover could be fixed to the side of the lodge so that a makeshift roof is available to use in heavy rain, so that can still use the hot tub.

Cameron & Vicky

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Cameron S

Thank you for writing such a positive review! Our hot tubs are proving to be very popular, so much that we have decided to put in a few more!

I will pass on your comments to Lee & the rest of the staff who will be over the moon! All our staff here take pride in giving great customer service.

We will certainly look into your suggestion of the cover for the hot tubs!

Be sure to like us at us on Argyll holidays Facebook to keep up to date with everything.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I loved my stay at Lochgoilhead, the Caravan was very clean and tidy for us arriving, the staff was friendly and kind. this was my second time going. Hopefully i will be going again very soon, the entertainment was really good can not fault it!

Dear Meganalewis

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for us here at Drimsynie Estate!

I am delighted to hear that you loved your stay!

We are very proud of our accommodation here and it is really good to hear we are getting it right!

I will pass on your lovely comments to Lee our entertainments manager who I am sure will be very happy. Be sure to like us at us on Argyll holidays facebook to keep up to date with everything.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Booked through Hoseasons for the Feb half-term. If you love challenging but picturesque driving on deserted roads, then this is the site for you. Beautiful location, with good facilities for families and our static caravan was like new and really warm and cosy. Important given the temperature and wet weather. Went to the club/pub twice. The place lacked any atmosphere but it was geared toward families with quiz night, junior disco etc to be fair. Slightly disappointed that you had to pay for every activity, which I was unaware of before arrival. The site does offer packages for activities and these offer better value for money than pay as you go. We did use the swimming pool every day, also had a steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. All public areas inside and out were kept clean and tidy. Staff were courteous and polite. However, I had the feeling that their heart wasn't really in it. On a couple of occasions they seemed stretched even though this time of year the sitemsi very quiet. Consequently the review is not as positive as it may have been. However, still well worth a visit for the stunning position on the Cowan peninsular.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gavman 68

I am glad that you find this to be as beautiful a location as we do here.

On Hoseasons website it does mention that activities are chargeable, we do offer a good value for money rover pass which includes Golf, crazy golf, swimming, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, table tennis, badminton, indoor bowls & snooker. If you book your pass prior to arrival it is even better value for money.

I take on board your comments about staff, we usually get very positive feedback about our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Enjoyed a mid week family holiday at Drimsynie Estate. This was our first visit and our initial reaction was not too good as we missed the small brown Visit Scotland sign giving directions at the top of The Rest And Be Thankful Hill before realising our mistake and having to turn back.
The access road is a bit scary : several miles of twisting and turning, very hilly single track road with passing places.
However, having arrived at the Estate our mood lifted and we were delighted with the lodge we were staying in. It was an Albatross Lodge with hot tub. The lodge was immaculate with every possible need catered for.
Lots of things to do on the Estate for all ages , although we did not try the swimming pool as a staff member was honest enough to indicate that the water temperature was probably not warm enough for our very young grand children.
We had breakfast and lunch in our lodge but had dinner in The Rob Roy Lounge which was fine : nothing fancy, just pub grub type food which was okay. We did complain about the standard of one particular plate of food, and to the staffs credit they offered something else and deducted the cost from our bill.
One slight area of concern was the limited number of outdoor lights on the Estate : walking back to our Lodge following dinner found us walking close to steep banks and open fast running water
Our visit was during a wet week in February: would love to visit Drimsynie during the Summer months.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Ross 58 Scotland

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here at Drimsynie Estate!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! The Albatross lodges are the newest edition to our fleet and we are very proud of them.

I do apologise that you did not try the swimming, unfortunately on the very rare occasion the pool temperature does drop but our swimming pool maintenance do keep a very close eye to try and prevent this from happening.

I will take on board your comments about the park lighting and put this forward to be reviewed.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the summer months.

Duty Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochgoilhead
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront

Been to Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village? Share your experiences!