“Perfect”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

maxsiberi...
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed December 8, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I cannot rate this lodge or it's owner (Ros) highly enough. I had read previous reviews which all said it was amazing, excellent etc but nothing could've prepared my partner and I for our break as it was truly stunning and immaculate, I mean Health Department immaculate. The finish was superb and absolutely everything you can think, and some you can't were provided from torches/umbrella's to squirrel and bird food should you wish to feed the local wildlife. The hot tub was very easy to access / use and most welcome after a days walking. The kitchen is fully equipped even down to a selection of flavoured oils for cooking - truly amazing. I booked this a treat for my partner as he spent his childhood holidays at Loch Earn and he was totally blown away (I think I'll be getting a very nice Christmas gift this year :-)). We will definitely be staying here again. Well done Ros and thank you so much for being very accommodating and the wonderful communication.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Level of luxury
Liked least: That I couldn't stay longer
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Mar 7, 2017
Elizabeth, fantastic review, thank you SO much. I'm just happy you had such a lovely time. Look forward to you staying again. Ros x
LiamMulli...
“Worth Every penny! Excellent lodge and great service. great view!”
Reviewed October 26, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My girlfriend and I absolutely loved our stay at the lodge last week. We came for a two night stay on our 4th year anniversary. All I can say is pictures do not do this place justice! The owner Ros has paid attention to every detail when decorating it and it has been done beautifully. Around the lodge there is beautiful views (definately best view in the park). The hot tub is fantastic too! If you stay here you will enjoy every second of your stay and be reluctant to leave. Also nearby within 5 mins or so are lovely local restruants. We visited the lochearnhead hotel for dinner and the food was beautiful! Not expensive either and has a great view of the water.

If you stay here you will not be disappointed. I prososed to my girlfriend here and it was a perfect location for it!

The owner Ros is very helpfull and more than happy discuss any details on the lodge you may require.

Give it a try uou will not regret :)

I plan on staying again :D

Mar 7, 2017
Hi Liam, thank you so much for a fab review. I was just so happy to be part of your special occasion. Remember us fondly. Ros x
Eilidh F
“Amazing two nights in cosy cabin”
Reviewed September 29, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We have just come back from a lovely couple of days. The log cabin is stunningly decorated with tartans, candles and an endless supply of throws and blankets. Ros and Ashley have literally thought of everything you might need and have it there just incase you need it coffee,ice,shampoo,towels,slippers,robes,plastic glasses for the hot tub the list goes on.
Unlike most visitors to the trossachs we were not there for adventure and walks but rather hot tubs and cocktails the trunk filled with games was a nice surprise to entertain us. The beds are extremely comfortable and the showers are lovely and powerful. Special shout out to the resident dogs who were adorable!

Thank you once again to Ros and Ashley I can't wait to visit again! ☺️☺️ Hopefully with some sunbathing weather next time!

Oct 5, 2016
Thanks for the glowing review Eildh, it makes us so happy to hear when guests have a fabulous stay and appreciate the amenities. We try our best! You were delightful guests. Ros
Daniel B
“Mr”
Reviewed September 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Probably the best self catering cabin I've stayed at. Everything you could ever need inside and a real quality feel from all the fittings and furnishings. The only minor, and I mean minor, let down was the wifi. As the cabin was one of the highest on the site we weren't able to get a signal unless stood out on the deck. Even then the signal would disappear at a few seconds and then I'd need to walk around trying to catch it again. The only reason I found this was annoying is that I was trying to upload pictures of the beautiful cabin and surroundings.

Sep 26, 2016
Hi Daniel,
many thanks for your glowing review.

Our site manager has had a look at the wifi....it is usually better than you have described. He has now doubled the bandwidth and speed tests are now showing up as 8mbs.

In Balquhidder, there is also a community action group who are working with BT to put a community cable system in, which is due to be connected early next year. That should bring our internet speed right up there, but in the meantime, the improvements made have improved connectivity.
best regards and hope to see you again in the future :)
Balquhidder Mhor Lodge
Reviewed August 18, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for the excellent review. We hope that the cloudy hot tub didn't spoil your enjoyment. This can happen sometimes if contaminants such as lotions or detergents enter the spa water, which is sometimes difficult to prevent. Our site manager checks the water condition regularly, and would have been quite happy to change the spa water if reported; the only downside is that this is a four hour turnaround to allow the water temperature to get up to speed. We hope to see you again and we'll keep a special eye on the hot tub for you.
johnastbu...
Preston, United Kingdom
“Woderful Chalet”
Reviewed August 17, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This was a beautiful chalet with everything you might need, extremely well furnished. We stay in chalets quite a lot and this is head and shoulders above the rest. It has wonderful views of the mountains and is relatively secluded at the top of the park. It has freesat and wifi internet though not brilliant speed though usable (good for this area). We visited the Blair Drummond safari park on our second day it offered brilliant value for money we spent about 5 hours there and had no problem getting on the attractions and seeing the animals.
The area is lovely with loads to see and well positioned for the areas surrounding. and close enough to Strathryre and Lochearnhead to be accessible.
Can't rate this Lodge highly enough and deserves the five star rating

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The luxury touchnes provided as standard
Liked least: The track is a bit potholey at the entrance, though perfectly drivable
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mar 7, 2017
Hi John, thank you so much for the wonderful review, very much appreciated. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Ros
Khalid A
“Luxury at nature”
Reviewed August 3, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Lodge number 8 is the best lodge at the location. Wonderfully decorated and supplied with everything that you can think of. We were sad to leave. I am not sure if other lodges at the same level of quality.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 4, 2016
Thank you Khalid. We are delighted that you enjoyed our lodge so much. Ros
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing