“Sam”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killin
Killin Highland Lodges
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sam”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I would highly recommend Killin Highland Lodges after our recent stay. We were a large group of 4 families and we had a very comfortable stay at the Lodges. We were all accomodated within the several cottages making our holiday even more enjoyable. We had searched several other cottages but it was very difficlut to find cottages which would accomodate 18 people at a time. The cottages are very comfortable with all modern facilities available including Sky TV and dishwasher etc. The location of the cottages is also nice, secluded on a hill side and a 10 minute drive to Killin. There is ample of free area for children to play. The owner and his son gave us a warm welcome and were available if we needed help. The cottages are spacious and the we found them in an excellent state. The beddings, floors, bathrooms, sinks and overall the rooms were very clean. There is a lot of parking space and an opportunity to cook a barbecue meal if desired (barbeque provided). We were very happy with our stay and would recommend it. The location of the cottages is great, with the Killin village having a Co-Op, a bank and lovely restaurants. To have a peaceful and relaxed vacation, Killin Highland Lodges would not disappoint you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam385

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Spent four nights here and had a very relaxing time. It was the first time we had been on holiday with our new (and sometimes) boisterous dog so we were a bit apprehensive.
On arrival we were impressed with the lodge, it's fixtures and fittings and cleanliness.
We do not understand the comments regarding the resident Labrador(s) as it was the opposite of our experience.
There is a good walk at the back of the lodges- it's just a pity that there wasn't a footpath all the way into the village.
Killin is a great place to visit the surrounding area.
We would definitely recommend it and hope to be back.
Jennifer Roy and Millie
Ps thanks to Abbie for making Millie's holiday even better

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank JRL1308
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Just finished reading the last review and I have to say that Im astonished by the comments. Couldnt be further from the truth.

Ive just returned this afternoon and would like to inform any potential visitors that Ive just had the most relaxing and enjoyable week that I can remember.

The lodges are immaculate and very comfortable and the cleanliness is most certainly not in question. The family that own the site are ALL very friendly (especially Beezy the gorgeous Labrador) My 7 year old daughter actually knocked on the familys door to ask if she could take out the "agressive" Lab Beezy for a walk and she did it in the rain thats how keen she was to play with her.

Its sad to see unreasonable ramblings when they are so absolutely unjust and especially on such a public platform. These reviews should be accurate as they are fundamental to the success of sites such as Killin Highland Lodges.

It is true that you cant please all of the people all of the time however Jim, Colin and family certainly go that extra mile to try.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see you all again soon.

Drew

Room Tip: All rooms that I seen were great
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 73Drew
bingham
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Very poor I don't know what cabin they took photos of for the Hoseasons site but is not the one we stayed in. no grass surrounding the cabin just a view on to the owners sons cabin across the car park.
found the lodge to be OK not great it was good that it had a dishwasher and plenty of seating as there was 8 of us, rooms not bad size, loads of bits missing from the inventory, one of the other tenants knocked on the door to borrow a tin opener as their cabin didn't have one not as clean as i would like, very thin walls between loges spent a few nights listening to the old couple in the lodge next door getting busy if you know what I mean, the owner let himself in while we were out to change a coffee table(there was nothing wrong with the one that we had), when confronted he was quite rude and said it was a serviced lodge and that he could let himself in when necessary, I hired that lodge for the week if he needed access then I should have been notified, I had my laptop and other valuables in the cabin and thought that when I locked the door no one would enter without my Knowledge, it was not a serviced lodge the bedding was not changed or the cabin cleaned during the week and I didn't expect it to be. The owner’s son was very helpful although he didn't work there.
We were asked to keep our dog on a lead which was not a problem but their two dogs were just wandering around making it very difficult to walk our dog as his dogs would become aggressive if the dogs met. On our last day a couple arrived for their holiday to find that the wheelchair access promised was not there. All in all I wished I had found a different lodge. I have read reviews on the lodges and found some good reviews all I can say is we spoke to three other couples on site and they were as upset as we were. I don't know if the sits has changed hands or if the reviews are bogus but they could not have been about the site I have just returned from.
I hope this is helpful and I wish I had found this review before I wasted my money on this holiday.
Loch Tay and the area is great and there is plenty to do don't let this review stop you visiting Loch Tay just Killin Highland Lodges.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank scallenBingham
HolidaymakerKillin, Owner at Killin Highland Lodges, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
We are sorry that these guests did not enjoy their stay and surprised that they did not discuss any of their concerns (except the delivery of a new coffee table), during their stay. We remained on site to advise them of the delivery of the coffee table and are suprised that they were upset by this. We did express our concern that their dog had been left unattended in the lodge for most of the day and had been fairly noisy. If the guest finds that rude , then we disagree.
We are amazed at the comments on "our dogs". Only one dog lives on site, and two dogs were present only on one brief occasion during this guests stay. Other reviewers remark how friendly the dogs are and they have never been aggressive !
The comments re the wheel chair access are also completely inaccurate as the wheel chair ramp is made of concrete and is built in (at the side of the lodge with disabled facilities.). The ramp was only difficult to access because of the inconsiderate parking of the reviewer who had parked blocking the access. The guest who needed the wheel chair access has advised us that they were happy with our disabled provision.
If any guest finds any inventory item missing they only need to ask and we will replace it immediately from our stock. We have staff on site very day!
And finally , we cannot expect with the limited space for pictures in expensive print media to show every lodge which is available. but all photographs are accurate. Our web site provides much fuller information and has a virtual tour for every lodge type.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our family recently stayed here and thought the facilities to be of a good standard. Larger than a caravan, the lodges have living area/kitchen with oven,fridge,microwave etc, all the things you would find at home for a self catering holiday. I myself thought they were great, but my wife who is a bit more fussy than me, had a few shall we say minor issues. Prior to staying here we both thought that all the lodges were individually spaced, but they are mainly terraced with a small porch along the front, not a big issue, we made friends with the family next door, but my wife often likes us to have our "own space". The lodges are about 1.5 mile outside Killin, which is a lovely village with a few shops and Inns, especially sitting outside the Falls of Drochart Inn with views of the falls and Ben Lawer, jaw-droppingly breathtaking. There are lots of walks and plenty of places to visit in the area, we managed to visit Pitlochry, Loch Lomond, Kinross, Crieff and Callander. It was our first time to this part of Scotland and possibly my favourite, so will come back again. Will it be back to the Killin Highland Lodges? I may just have to coax the wife.
I would just like to say a big thank you to owners Jim and Colin's family who always greeted you with a warm welcome.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank spion
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the lodge from the 18/06/11 until 25/06/11. We have travelled all over the world but you could not get a more friendly welcome from the family that run the lodges. The atmosphere was relaxing and laid back we took our dog Lily and she soon made herself at home the lodges are comfortable and have everything you could need in a great location.
The surrounding area is beautiful and you can do as much or as little as you like. We loved it so much we have already booked to go back, once again we would like to thank Jim,Liz,Colin & Sarah for making our stay so nice.
Steve & Jacquie from Normanby near Middlesbrough

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Steve186340
Scotland
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Killin Highland lodges are a great place to get away for a few days. The cabins are extremely clean, well equipped and cosy. Really peaceful, and the walks are great. We loved it and so did our dog. I would definitely recommend here for anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mags28Scotland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killin
Ardeonaig Hotel
Bridge Of Lochay Hotel
Bridge Of Lochay Hotel
#3 of 14 in Killin
Balquhidder Braes Scottish Holiday Park

Been to Killin Highland Lodges? Share your experiences!