1,261 results
All reviews the river four poster a bit tired cosy bar friendly hotel family room tea and coffee lovely location two night stay porridge food was lovely enjoyable stay bed and breakfast salmon shower room my partner both nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having recently stayed I would thoroughly recommend there excellent food,and the restaurant was run professionally Manager could not been more helpful and his attention and the excellent customer service from all the staff was amazing we would recommend the food perfectly good,decent portion will certainly return and recommend

Date of stay: September 2019
ManagerKillin, General Manager at Killin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your meal. I will pass your feedback to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a lovely meal but unfortunately let down by quality of service and poor atmosphere. From no guidance on where to sit for food, to being out right lied to by who seemed to be the “manager”... Gary. We were told that a certain seating area opened at 6 and this is why we were not seated there (even tho we could’ve waited the 15 minutes to get a better seat) and this area was reserved for guests only even though we witnessed 2 non guests being seated in this area, not being told the specials which were on tonight even though other tables were advised on this (before 6!) and constantly hearing staff moaning during our visit. When we raised this with “Gary”, after being lied to multiple times, his reply was “ok no problem” and then he proceeded to walk off ..... definitely will not be rushing back which is a shame because the food was lovely.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ManagerKillin, Manager at Killin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback we apologise that our standards did not meet your expectations we always strive to ensure good customer service at all times and we will improve and learn from all feedback positive and negative and as a team we discuss this regularly. once again please accept my apologies

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mum and I bought an Itison voucher for an overnight stay at this hotel, I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I was delighted when I saw the hotel, we sat in the conservatory and had a little drink until our room was ready, I though the room was lovely, it was a twin room and it was beautifully decorated, we had our evening meal which came from an extensive menu which was very impressive, the food was lovely and again we were in the conservatory which was lit up with lots of fairy lights. We had a good sleep then a great breakfast, there was fruit, cereal porridge and toast then you could order a cooked breakfast which again was excellent, I would highly recommend this hotel, beautiful surroundings and scenery.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you all enjoyed your stay and dinner we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this hotel last minutes as our ferry was cancelled and paid £105 B&B. I would say about £35 over priced. Nice location but the hotel itself is tired and in need for some decorating. The staff were efficient but not very friendly (apart from the bar staff) The room was adequate clean and well equipped. My main complaint was the evening meal. After a week on the road I just wanted a simple meal so went for nachos and lasagne which was supposed to be home made!. All totally tasteless I prefer the asda microwave lasagne by far. I don't normally complain but it was awful. That being said the breakfast the next morning was excellent.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Lou,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you did not enjoy you last minute break.

We always strive to develop the hotel and are working very hard on renovating the hotel especially during the winter season.

I will discuss the issues you raised with the chef as the lasagne is one of our most popular dishes with some great feedback. I have never tried the asda microwave lasagne but will try to see if we can improve our home-made lasagne.

Reviewed September 10, 2019

High quality old hotel - friendly staff and excellent food. Diningroom with a great view onto the river. Walking around the top of the loch brings stunning views and old growth native woodland. We will come back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerKillin, Manager at Killin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,