Kiltyrie Farmhouse B&B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Killin
See available hotels
Ardeonaig Hotel(Ardeonaig)
  • Restaurant
Clachan Cottage Hotel(Lochearnhead)
  • Breakfast included
Achray House Hotel(St. Fillans)
Fortingall Hotel(Fortingall)
  • Pool
Kenmore Hotel(Kenmore)
Comrie Hotel(Comrie)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This B and B, just outside Killin is set on the side of the Ben Lawyers range. It has beautiful views from the conservatory and the bedrooms and a great breakfast with direct view of the hens whose fresh eggs we got to savour.
The house is warm with good accommodation. I'm hoping we'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed at Kiltyrie a number of times as it's a great base for all activity in the Highlands - walking, cycling or just enjoying the incredible scenery - and can't recommend it highly enough. Jane is a fantastic host; I was always made to feel welcome when I arrived with a cup of tea and some fresh home baking (made with fresh eggs from the hens the garden!)

I always have the best night's sleep there - lovely comfortable beds and a quiet, peaceful location - and the breakfast is superb.

There's no internet connection because of the location (but, to be honest, why would you want the distraction in such a peaceful spot!) however, the one time I needed to use it, Jane provided a mobile dongle that plugged into my laptop - worked perfectly!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A beautiful place to stay, with great views of Loch Tay from the B&B. Jane goes out of her way to make guests feel welcome and the breakfast, which includes fresh eggs from the chickens in the garden, is fantastic. The tranquility of the location and the comfortable beds always bring a good night's sleep.
We have stayed many times here previously and look forward greatly to our next stay. The location is superb with views down to Loch Tay and Ben Lawers munro is very close by.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was were I planned to stay 8 nights...thinking it was the best place I was going to stay. Instead, it was dissapointing. I will not go into details, but I will say this...after having this planned for almost a year it was terrible to arrive with no one to greet me and a messy room! The owner was not there for the first few days and her daughter...sweet girl...did her best to play hostess. Not the cleanest place either...and there was NO WIFI! This was the worst as it was imperative. I lost out on wo critical interviews because I could not get online.
I ended up leaving very early...and gladly paid more elsewhere.
If you are simply looking for a place to sleep as a backpacker or just to crash with little to no needs, then this is a great bargain. Otherwise, spend an extra 10 pounds for a better location.

The positives...fresh farm eggs, beautiful view, good location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Jane W, Owner at Kiltyrie Farmhouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

For further information, only mobile broadband internet is available but is free to use at any time. High-speed internet access is available in Killin, please enquire for more information.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were made to feel right at home from the moment we arrived. Huge thanks to Jane. Stunning views of Loch Tay, a large number of books to choose from, and the freshest of eggs in the morning providing the fuel required to clamber up Ben Lawers- excellent! Ideally located for walking, boating, and trips into Killin, Kenmore, Aberfeldy and Grandtully. Thanks to Jane and the Kiltyrie Farmhouse (not forgetting Blue the dog and the hens!), we are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple