“Excellent food and presentation”

Bridge of Lochay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Killin
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Genuinely family run small hotel with comfortable en quite bedrooms, great food and welcoming team. The restaurant serves only fresh locally produced prepared and presented food treated with care and served by friendly, hospitable local staff in a traditional family run Scottish Inn.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Bridge of Lochay Hotel for two nights and on both evenings had dinner in the restaurant. The atmosphere was very pleasant, and although fairly quiet, several people were dinning there. The food was excellent, and the presentation was as good as I have experienced.
Our starters of smoked haddock gratin and duck pate were delicious. The mains we chose were duck and mash with a pepper sauce. The sauce was delicious although a touch rich for my taste.
Both my wife and I were very happy with the meal, no complaints and would return if the opportunity arose.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Was staying at the wigwams and ventured in town for food,the staff really friendly and helpfull,had the haggis with poached egg starter ,full of flavour,then we had the venison cooked med rare was lovely,but not as flavor sum the starter ,but good alround,if in the area make a point

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Bridge of Lochay is a pleasant place to come - low ceilings, wooden beams, a nice atmosphere with rooms and bars leading into one another. It's quiet and welcoming, and makes a very nice first impression. We had booked ahead and enquired about vegetarian food, and been told there was a wild mushroom taglietelle and there would be another dish on the menu - the person who took the call would ask the chef. However, when we go there, there was no other choice, and the waitress said 'We could have something cooked specially' which of course makse you feel like a nuisance. When the taglietelle came it was bland, sweet, and over-creamy. Our meat-eating companions had good steak and venison, portions were generous, and everyone had a good time - but we were disappointed at the lack of choice and felt we had been led to believe there would be more. Despite this we'd go back (we live round here and good places are thin on the ground!) but we'll check more carefully in future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were on a large family holiday in Killin, being Coeliac i did some research on where i could eat out before when went this place was on my list. We went it to make a reservation and see what the gluten free options where, they seemed ok. When we turned up for our meal the menu was different so again i asked what would be suitable for me, the choices now where very limited and I was even offered things that were not suitable that i had to point out to the waitress! I was not filled with confidence and because of this ended up only getting a plain chicken salad. Felt as if the waitress didn’t understand my needs and wasn’t particularly bothered! My family enjoyed their meals for the most part. When it came to dessert the waitress told me the chef had made me a gluten free desert. By now i can see the chef clearly understands and even made the extra effort for me, i probably would have enjoyed my experience more if the waitress had a better knowledge of what she was talking about or i had spoken to the chef directly. Staff should get more training.

1  Thank Nikki T
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We dined at the Bridge of Lochay as it had been recommended by the people we were staying with and the food was excellent. The local ingredients were used very well and the were interesting variations of traditional dishes. The chocolate and walnut soufflé was out of this world and the prices were reasonable too.