“Just Perfect...”

Loch Tay Highland Lodges
Melbourne, Australia
“Just Perfect...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just returned from an amazing trip to Loch Tay. We stayed in in one of the glens and visited The Bistro, which was so good we chose to eat there both evenings! I must say I'm slightly shocked by the review below, as our experience was the polar opposite. We found the food and service fantastic, and the attentiveness was second to none. We couldn't fault it. What more could you ask for, we had a stunning location, with great food, a lovely bottle of wine by an open fire surrounded by breath taking views. We will definitely be returning here! Just perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Wee just spent the weekend in the premiere wigwam. Absolutely faultless with the wigwam.the staff when picking up keys was welcoming and polite. So very pieceful site and very well maintained and clean. However!! Staff at the marina,big thumbs down. Went down for a few drinks at night to sit outside.the young lass behind the bar was very unwelcoming to say the least and got no better the more I went to the bar.I was left standing for 5 mins while 3 staff was at the till.1 glared over and nothing she just turned away.1 was the only person at bar and when she did come to serve me nothing! I found her very rude and unwelcoming to be working in a public venue, hello,goodbye,sorry to keep u waiting,thankyous cost nout!!! Sat nite they had a wedding which looked nice,wee were told on arrival there would be no food but more than welcome to come for drinks so wee headed down for a few to find the place was all locked up with no one around wee just though aw they must be busy with wedding.wasent a prob wee went to co op in killin for drinks and barbeque stuff and had a great time outside our wigwam the only prob I had was while wee were trying the door a young lad walked passed us and into the bar while leaving the lad passed us and I said hi is the bar not open at all this evening he completely ignored me so I said it again louder my reply was a grumbled NUT! I could not belive it. I love this place and wee will certainly be back but I do hope these reviews get took serious as I feel the marina staff certainly let's down this beautiful place

Room Tip: I've only been in the premiere wigwam but no matter where u are in this park u would be very del...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at wigwams was great staff gave us wrong key so couldn't lock wigwam staff were very helpful and were quite rude but overall we had a great visit and hasn't put us off returning, also the bistro was closed for bank holiday so couldn't go for a quiet drink after dinner.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have just returned from this glorious location after staying for 4 days during which time we had our wedding lochside. Only 4 weeks ago I stayed for 2 nights with friends and our children in the wigwams - I decided there and then that it was the most perfect venue for my wedding! Jo, was fantastic at helping me sort the dates at such short notice and accommodating all of our guests needs. The Boathouse is not only beautiful but it is also very friendly. A massive thanks to Jason and Kaylee who could not do enough for us, the food was 5* as was the service! We have had an amazing few days and are so glad we discovered Loch Tay. I would not only recommend this venue for weddings, it is a fantastic place to take the kids 'glamping'. Will most definetly return to this wonderful, friendly, up and coming venue - I wish them every success

Room Tip: Wigwams are great value - the toilet facilities are very clean as is the campers kitchen. They have...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Amanda G
scotland
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Excellent. Best wigwams I've been to. Lots to do restaurant reasonably priced and lovely food even though not a lot of choices. Would have loved if they had opened for breakfast & a pity there was no shop on site for papers, & basics
Will return again :-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank koolkat565
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just returned from a 2-night stay in one of the wigwams. We have stayed in quite a few of these all over Scotland and happy to say that those at Loch Tay Highland Lodges are very nice.

We were lucky enough to have one at the very front of the cluster of wigwams, which meant we had magnificent views over Loch Tay.

On arrival the wigwam was clean and welcoming, with all the equipment working. Having fridge, microwave and a TV was definitely a new experience - definitely more glamping than camping.

The new shower and toilet block is just a few metres away and all the facilities were clean and friendly. The same applies to the cookhouse. There is also a nice playpark nearby and plenty of space to play football and games for older kids

One word of advice - the wigwams are relatively close together, which was great for us as all the kids instantly starting playing together and the grown ups had nice chats around the firepits, but it's not the ideal place if you are after a solitary glamping experience - unless you want to just spend time inside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MGS44
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Beautiful scenery, wide variety of accommodation. Stayed in the woodland cabins. Perfect, everything you need and not expensive especially with the electricity cards on top. Staff very helpful and friendly in particular the young girl in the office and the ground maintenance chap who delivered our logs etc. other lady in office ok, but a bit off hand at times. No on site facilities for food etc at this time of year so a car is a must as local taxi quoted £25 for the short trip into Killin itself. Only downside was the cleanliness. Generally ok but hairs on the bed and in the bathroom. Got the impression it was just given a quick clean. Would have to consider twice before returning which is a real shame as otherwise it would be a 5 star holiday venue.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killin
Ardeonaig Hotel
The Kenmore Club
The Kenmore Club
#1 of 2 in Kenmore
Balquhidder Braes Scottish Holiday Park

Been to Loch Tay Highland Lodges? Share your experiences!