“Dissapoited”

Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Killin
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Place heaving as early as 19:00 rushed through to restaurant area told short staffed given brief time to order .
First time having Cullen Skink, should it be 'Luke' warm? Enjoyed never the less.
Our soup plates whisked away before I stopped chewing bread, I thought this most unprofessional and said so, to later find out was the owner. Response I received was a shrug and what appeared was a departing sneer.
Husband very happy with Smoked Salmon and Linguini nicely dressed with chilli and ginger.
My order was chicken on the bone with some cream sauce forgot what, came looking as it had curdled, colcannon mash was 'Just Mash' not a hint of cabbage despite being told at first it was mixed with turnip ? then. ' Relief 'chef informed very helpful waitress to tell me cabbage very finely grated, hog wash!
Basket of fries almost knocked of table by said owner as rushing about very cramped area, didn't bother.
Disgruntled diner didn't get steak he wanted as they Didn't have any,this was early Friday evening, poor ordering I would say!
Only good thing I can say was our waitress, wish I got her name, was a lovely cheery helpful person....... even if she didn't know what Colcannon mash was

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (757)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Right acorss the road from the scenic Falls of Dochart is this cute inn/pub. The service was friendly and prompt. We shared a plate of "Scottish Tapas" which made a perfect light lunch. The tapas included smoked salmon which comes from the establishment's own smokehouse. The smell of the fire made for a pleasant memory. Don't hesitate to stop in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved that place, and we stayed for the entertainment. Food was great, and you have to meet William, the owners father. Everyone was so friendly and hospitable.
The pub is not large, so come early.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in for lunch the decor is quaint it just makes you welcome you want to stay the menu has a good variety at great prices and the portions are large will be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tried to book a room on a Friday night directly with the inn, told to phone back later, thought it was because it was a bad connection. Phoned back, said I wanted to book a room for the next night, and trying to explain we had a dog, was interrupted rudely, told book on line. Not impressed

1  Thank mrsgregg