“Break”

Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Killin
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in for lunch the decor is quaint it just makes you welcome you want to stay the menu has a good variety at great prices and the portions are large will be back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (755)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tried to book a room on a Friday night directly with the inn, told to phone back later, thought it was because it was a bad connection. Phoned back, said I wanted to book a room for the next night, and trying to explain we had a dog, was interrupted rudely, told book on line. Not impressed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a group of 12 hungry golfers we arrived a little late for our reservation. The staff were very polite and helpful showing us to our table and taking a drinks order within minutes. We were not a quiet group and with our tartan suits we may have looked as loud as we enjoyed the interaction with the staff team.
The menu was large and offered a great selection of traditional and special dishes. The food arrived and was enjoyed by everyone in our party. The majority of our group after dinner moved through to the bar area where we had great fun with the staff and customers. A special mention is due to the singer who was great at keeping us going until the bar closed.
Overall a great night in a great setting. I am very happy to recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in just for drinks, didn’t find the staff to be particularly welcoming and the bar area did not look very comfortable or welcoming so we sat outside!

Could do with a better wine selection. Based on the experience I doubt we’d revisit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I dined here for the first time recently at lunchtime with my husband. We were lucky to get a table without booking as it’s a very popular spot right next to the falls of Dochart.
It was a cooler, cloudy day and the pub was inviting and warm with an open fire.
The staff were all friendly and helpful although very busy.
We chose the Scottish Tapas as a sharing starter, this was delicious with a selection of fish and oatcakes. I then had the steak ciabatta and my husband had a venison burger. All of the food was very tasty. The drinks were nice and the price overall was fair.
The staff invited us to see their own smokehouse at the rear of the property and possibly buy some smoked salmon, but we declined.
I would dine here again.

1  Thank Tracey L