“Good place to sit and relax”
Review of The Bistro

The Bistro
Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Killin
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Bistro Loch Tay is now under new management Jason and Kaley are looking forward to the season ahead to welcome you to the bistro for either a simple coffee or a well prepared meal we look forward to seeing you in the near future
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good place to sit and relax”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

this year we didnt find the staff were very motivated at all compared to last year where we spent much more time as was more friendly

Visited July 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Worst customer service in my life”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I dined recently with some friends. The food wasn't great and the staff were pretty incompetant but worst of all was the chef - an aggressive looking thug who shouted and intimidated everyone within earshot when a complaint was made.

Not only will I never go back - I will make a point of warning anyone I can off this place. Do not take your children to this establishment. That man is a liability.

Shame because the park itself is lovely.

2 Thank goldieferns
Perthshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is a joke.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We took visiting family here on a Sunday afternoon for afternoon tea, we were told when we arrived that there was no cakes or scones as the delivery was the following day!!!! obviously none of the cooks had baking skills lol we then waited in excess of an hour for the last coffee to be served, I kept reminding the waiter as I noticed that he was serving people that had come in after us, and all he said was he was on his own!!! no apology whatsoever, frankly the place was an utter joke and we were mortally embarrassed!!! and had it been up to me I would have walked out without paying. I will never ever go there again.

• Visited May 2013
“Expensive”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Very pricey food good but the price takes the shine off somewhat shame great location. There is a nice area to just have a drink and relax the service was great and we were looked agreed

Sunny South
“Poor service and would not be in a hurry to return to this restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our family booked an evening meal on the 17th June, having visited the restaurant on several occasions we were looking forward to a lovely meal. We were disappointed with the menu and even more disappointed with the food and service. The chef disappeared half way through the evening locking the kitchen up as he went. We could not order desserts or coffee so therefore we left the restaurant very disappointed. The barman/waiter was very courteous and helpful but he was very embarrassed at having to tell us that we could not order further courses.
We will not be returning to the restaurant in a hurry and we will not recommend it to our friends.