“Authentic Food. Terrific Flavours. No Gimmicks. Scottish Curry Award Winner.”
Review of The Akash

The Akash
Ranked #34 of 61 Restaurants in Helensburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Authentic Food. Terrific Flavours. No Gimmicks. Scottish Curry Award Winner.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We've been to The Akash a few times and never been disappointed. Last night the meal surpassed all expectations. We had a chef's platter starter to share and my husband had a chicken Murchi Madras and I had a Chicken Tikka. We shared an "elephant's ear" naan bread and a portion of rice. The sauces were fresh, rich and tasty, cooked especially after the staff had asked what food we liked. Our drinks were replenished without having to ask. We've previously tried the Masala Twist which we found to be expensive rubbish. The Akash was authentic (we know our curries), fresh and full of wonderful flavours. The Scottish Curry Awards were right to acknowledge their food and service as Regional Winners.

3 Thank Carmel K

Sussex
“Tasty welcoming night Out”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The meal was so good I felt I had to write a review. The staff were very welcoming and went out their way to make the meal enjoyable, nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious and the bill was very reasonable. The restaurant itself is a little dated but don't let this put you off, this is the best meal experience I have had in Helensburgh. They recently won an award and it is clear when you eat here why.

4 Thank rdgaj
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Award winner restaurant”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was great to have dinner on 17th May with my family. It was beyond my expectation. Food and taste was excellent with splendid presentation. Amazing combination of Indianan spices enhanced the taste. Staff was courteous and well behaved. Thank you AKASH.
Sid Sameer

3 Thank Sameer355
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had a take away which was delicious so decided to eat at the restaurant which was second to none for service the waiter named Ifran is great. As Indian cooking is my hobby he was more than happy to chat away about the cuisine. I promised him I would give him some of my samosa and pakora which I did on my next visit for a take away which was delicious. The food is very good quality and very fresh. Apart from the food I get when visiting India this is by far some of the best we've had local. I even had a cup of tea waiting for my order.
Thanks Ifran
Stevie and Rita

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ritapakora
Fulham, United Kingdom
“Food was fantastic.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went to Akash as visiting home again on weekend of 15th of March. Had the Akask special and was superb. lamb cooked really well. tender and tasty. Nan was massive. no issues or problems with service. Went down well with pint of cobra.

• Visited March 2014