“Good Indian Food in Helensburgh”

Masala Twist Helensburgh
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Helensburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My friends and I had a lovely meal in Masala Twist. The staff were very helpful, polite and friendly. One of our group is on a special diet for health reasons and the Manager had no difficulty in asking the chef to make a special dish for her which was delicious. We will definitely return, good sized portions and very reasonably priced.
Only one negative to mention, it was a cold night and the restaurant could have been warmer inside.

1  Thank Nichola M

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Our third visit in the month since Massla Twist opened and all I can say is that each time the food and service have been fabulous. Particular thanks to Mani and Douglas for very attentive service and making sure we had everything we needed. We will be back time and time again

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have visited masala twist in Helensburgh, twice since it opened. On both occasions the food was excellent and priced competitively. The staff are very attentive and knowledgeable of the food they serve, giving advice on which each dish contains and the strength of the flavours. They cook your food to order, they do not pre cook the food and never use a microwave. My wife and myself, will be back, in the very near future.

1  Thank Alex B
Reviewed November 8, 2013

It was very good. I had Fish Pakora to start with – it is the 1st time I have ever had one made with fresh white fish – it was great.

I followed with a Lamb Rogan Josh. It was unlike anything I have had before. It was similarly to a risotto in that it was cooked in basmati rice, and was delicately flavoured.

The portion was huge and I struggled to finish it – my friend's beat him and that must be a first!! The nan bread that I shared was more than adequate. I made a mistake in ordering Saag Allo – I thought I might be hungry- one between two would have been more than enough.

The staff were most attentive, and constantly checking that we were happy. The director – Davender Sharma - worked the tables most of the evening making certain the food was going down well. The service was slow but the place was full, and I can imagine that most of the food was prepared fresh.

Cost including drinks £20 per head – well worth it.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our first visit to Masala Twist, our new Indian restaurant in Helensburgh. Excellent meal, one of the best Indian meals I have had, great quality. Particularly good service from friendly and helpful staff who are clearly passionate about their restaurant. We were looked after by Mani who was the perfect host. Must visit restaurant.

1  Thank AnneHelensburgh