“It's gone”

Add it.
La Belles
Cuisines: European
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Lasted about 6 weeks then shut. Is now one of the best restaurants in town - Masala Twist - look it up on Tripadvisor

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had a dish that had the most watery sauce with it ever. The place seemed to lack soul too. Not a good experience despite the innovative wine glass chandeliers. Sadly this was really all the place had to offer.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Decided to try the carvery big mistake,not on at lunchtime so we ordered a breakfast and a French toast with bacon plus two coffee,s,coffee arrived quickly sat wattling for our food after twenty minutes still no food tried to get the managers attention when she arrived asked about our food and got told they had no bacon,eggs,bread and the owner had gone to tesco,s for them.had a look at the homemade cakes and scones they looked just like farmfoods or Iceland the scones ( tesco,s value range)still no food decided to go to Witherspoon,s next door for some food.i now know why they have no customers.this must be the worst coffee shop/restaurant in Helensburgh.

2  Thank Big J
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was pretty happy with the quality and quantity of my meal; the food itself is pretty tasty and I didn't wait long - only about 5 people dining! My steak was cooked the way I'd asked and the coffee was good too.
However, very expensive considering I can have a bigger or better steak in both The Logie Baird and The Henry Bell on the same street for cheaper. I do not understand the higher prices. I understand Wetherspoon is a huge chain pub, so it's going to be cheap, but La Belles was quite unnecessarily expensive.
The interior is also very bland: plain white and dark walls, prison-like, with cheap looking art on the wall, and lots of ikea-like tables squashed together.
It's not very private either; Whenever I'm in Logie or Henry Bell, even the Commodore and Riverbank, I don't feel like I'm sitting in a school, being watched by everyone around me. No proper booths, parts sectioned off, or different parts like the other restaurants in Helensburgh. Although not terribly important, it does feel like you're sitting in a big square living room or school hall filled with chairs, in full view of everyone else.
Another issue, which did not affect my dining experience but it is quite worrying - is the sheer lack of people. Whenever I use the bank across the road or pop into the Logie or Henry Bell, I always notice it's absolutely EMPTY. Every time. It does not appear to have any business, worrying considering how new it is. It is a shame, as the food really was good.
The staff weren't as chatty or pleasant as others I've dealt with in other restaurants, but it is a new establishment.
To sum up the good points:
- Good food. Tender, juicy steak and nice coffee.
- Food arrived quickly for my family and I. (not many other people ordering to be fair)
- Quiet and peaceful.
- Clean and fresh.

and bad points:
- Lots of tables shoved together in a cramped, bland space
- Interior design, or lack of it, lets it down completely. Possibly a male that designed it.
- Cheap looking furniture, flooring and art
- Unnecessarily expensive meals compared to Logie, Henry Bell and other competitors in Helensburgh.
- No booze, unless I missed a menu or something, it doesn't have a license.
- Completely empty a lot of the time. Not very popular, lacks atmosphere.

If you want a quiet meal, and don't mind the atmosphere or interiors, go for it. I did enjoy my time there, however, some improvements are needed.

3  Thank j90s
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went along for dinner to try a new dining experience, but found La Belles to be closed and in darkness. There were no signs advising of problems, so we had to go elsewhere, but it was a disappointment. It wouldn't be fair to leave a negataive comment as we didn't get to try the food or service, but as one of the previous reviewer's stated - if your'e open for business etc. We will try it again in the future.

2  Thank michieg121