“Excellent!”

No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 21 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night during a 2 week tour of Scotland after finding the recommendation through TripAdvisor, and this was definitely the best B&B we stayed in during our trip. We stayed in the Heron which had the most comfy bed I have ever slept in and was such a treat after camping the previous 4 nights! The tea and scones on arrival were a lovely extra touch, and the delicious breakfast set us up for walking up Ben Lomond the following day. Catriona and Tobby were very welcoming, recommended some restaurants in the local area, and generally nothing was too much trouble for them. Its a shame we were only here one night and we will definitely be back again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

For my boyfriends 30th birthday I took him for a long weekend in Scotland and stayed here for 3 nights. I was so pleased with my choice and could not fault No 20 at all. It is beautifully decorated and a real luxury from big fluffy bath towels to a homemade warm scone and tea on arrival. Cat and Toby were so friendly and helpful with all their advice, I hadn't planned any specific places to visit while we were there and followed their advice everyday, which was perfect, we visited some pretty little towns, saw some amazing views and eat some yummy food (including Cat's breakfast everyday - pancakes were delicious!). I highly recommend staying here to anyone.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I recently went on our honeymoon to Scotland. We wanted to start our trip near Loch Lomond so I booked the first 2 nights of our stay at this lovely B&B we found through TripAdvisor. We couldn't have been happier with our decision! Cat, Tobby, Tiegan, & their puppy Thistle welcomed us with such warmth, we instantly felt at home. A pot of tea & warm scones upon arrival were just perfect after our long flight & drive in from Glasgow. We stayed in The Heron room, which was so spacious and had great views of the estuary. The adjoining bathroom was beautiful with a large tub/shower (big, comfy robes were provided for the short walk between the bedroom & bathroom). Our room was decorated with rose petals and they even had a bottle of wine waiting for us to celebrate our honeymoon! The B&B is beautifully decorated and feels so "homey." We enjoyed all of Cat & Tobby's restaurant recommendations- spot on & were never disappointed! Tobby even gave us a ride into town one night so that we could enjoy an evening out without having to drive ourselves-so thoughtful! They helped create our itinerary for the day we had to explore as we had left our plans quite flexible. We saw some great sites & found a wonderful whisky shop that was able to ship back to the States. The breakfast on both mornings was delicious! Cat catered to our requests each day and we always had a full, hearty meal to start our day. It was so difficult to leave on our final morning- we had become very comfortable after only 2 nights! I highly recommend a stay at this B&B and would hope to one day return ourselves. We miss Scotland & No20 already!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night in August after seeing the reviews on here. We were not disappointed! Lovely traditional property near the water and the most welcoming hosts ever. Tobby gave us a lift to La Barca in town, what a gent. Breakfast was superb. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed there a four person family and my cousin in August for one night . I think it's the best b&b I ve ever stayed at. Traditional , luxurious, clean . It makes you feel at home. Catriona, Tobby and Tiegan were very polite , warm, friendly and helpful . Elena & Lampros, Athens Greece.

Stayed: August 2013
CatrionaK64, Owner at No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Hello Elena and Lampros, THANK YOU so much for reviewing No.20. It was a pleasure having your family stay with us and we do hope that you may return to Scotland again. Hope the weather is not too hot back in Athens, it has turned decidedly wintery here in Helensburgh :o( All the very best from Catriona, Tobby and Tiegan XX

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed in Helensburgh as we were looking for a base close to Loch Lomond and the surrounding areas, we chose number 20 B&B due to the reviews on trip adviser.... We are so pleased we did, we have fallen in love with number 20, the whole experience was lovely and I'm already tapping up my husband to stay again next year! From the beautifully decorated and cosy rooms to the warm welcome and fantastic hosts, number 20 has it all.

Cat is fab, she literally knows everything about the area and gave us so many tips on what to see, where to eat, shop and relax. The welcome 'homemade' scones were delish as were all the breakfasts we ate, and the rooms contained 'proper' coffee and cafetiere. In the rooms the towels were big and fluffy, the rooms and bathrooms spotless, lovely white clean sheets, TV with freeview, free wifi and even an Ipod doc (which is handy if you have an Iphone and have forgotten your charger!). I had a good nose around at all the rooms (picking which one to stay in next), and each is individually decorated and has its own charm, I would stay in any of the four rooms. We stayed in the Cormorant which did not have a view of the sea, but do not let this put you off, it was a beautiful room, spacious, bright and airy, plus if you wanted to see the sea, you can just pop outside in the fresh air and sit in the garden. The bed in the cormorant was very comfy and we slept well every night, ready for our delish breakfast... There is a good choice of breakfast and Cat and Toby make sure that you have everything you need just the way you like it, they spoiled my husband with excess pancakes after his full Scottish fry!! I had scrambled eggs on tatty scones (best scrambled egg I have had in a B&B/hotel).

We ate in La Barca - which was fantastic...and also in the Loch Lomond Hotel which is a short drive away in Luss - again fantastic. One evening we decided to get a take away from The Wee Kelpie, which we ate in the dining room where Cat had set us up with plates, cutlery and bottled water, definitely the hostess with the mostess who goes out of her way to make you comfortable and welcome.

Overall I would recommend this B&B, I would describe it as unique, intimate, beautifully decorated (I know I have already said that - but I really mean it), friendly and charming. I can not wait to go back again. Marie and Gareth.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CatrionaK64, Owner at No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hello Marie and Gareth, WOW WOW....THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a fabulous review, we are SO glad that you loved No.20 and that we will see you again at Easter (how many days still to be needled out of Gareth!!!). Good luck there Gareth, think Marie may win! It was an absolute pleasure having you both stay with us and we really look forward to seeing you both again in 2014....a wee stop off before Gleneagles. Luv from all @ No.20 XX

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Really lovely place to stay, clean, ,comfortable & homely. Warm welcome from the owners and nothing was too much trouble, wonderful home made scones with butter and tea on arrival, easy to talk to, good recommendations and excellent breakfast! Thanks again will definitely be back x

• Stayed: August 2013

Hello Alan and Anna, Thank you sooo much for taking the time to review us so kindly. I am very glad that you felt comfortable and welcome as this is definitely what we strive to achieve @ No.20. We look forward to seeing you both again next time you fancy a wee break. Best wishes from Catriona, Tobby and Tiegan @ No.20

Also consider these accommodations in or near Helensburgh
Knockderry House Hotel
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
8 mi away
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!