“Beautiful things come in small packages.........”
Review of Riverhill Deli & Cafe - CLOSED

Riverhill Deli & Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 01436 677 575
The Netherlands
“Beautiful things come in small packages.........”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Once again visited this little cafe and thoroughly enjoyed the food? The array on display was mouthwatering indeed.
Yes, it's a little pricey however I don't mind paying for quality.
I would agree its a little too cramped for comfort but I personally feel the staff friendliness and quality makes up for it.
I hope they expand although apprehensive I will too!

• Visited July 2013

“What are you all talking about?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Being a somewhat regular visitor to Riverhill, Helensburgh and Glasgow, I cannot see what the recent "postees" can be talking about.

With by far the best coffee in Helensburgh I make sure it is my only stop for my daily cup of Joe! The talented staff are so attentive and really do their best to make the cauppachino around.

As for the sandwiches, I have never had a lunch that wasn't bursting at the seams, with piles of crisps fresh coleslaw, and a sandwich that would choke a donkey. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't think this value for money, my personal favourite being the smoked turkey club sandwich.

The cakes that Riverhill bake from scratch by the friendly and often chatty chefs are always beautiful, and I have never myself had anything short of delicious, that's not to say someone else hasn't had a less than perfect experience, but I do think that the recent reviews seem to be somewhat negative and I just thought I'd like to have my say and give what I think is a fair review.

Well done Riverhill and keep up the good work, and now I'm off to get a great coffee, maybe a bowl of porridge. A

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely but verging on the crazy side of expensive”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had wanted to try Riverhill for a while and the food that they have on offer is a bit different, interesting and made lovingly. We went in for lunch and got a chicken and bacon sandwich each. £8 for a sandwich with no chips or anything at the side. Yes it's fancy bread and a decent size for a sandwich but £8.. really!? Come on now. They had toasted the bread and it made the bread rock hard and difficult to chew and we both ended up with really sore jaws. It's much smaller inside than I expected and a bit cramped.. I can't imagine what it would be like when it was full.

For a drink and a sandwich each it was almost £25 which I find crazy as you could get a decent meal in a half decent restaurant for that price. I don't mind paying extra for something special but I just feel that their pricing is that bit too inflated and it leaves a sour taste.

I still want to give it another chance and there are a lot of other things I'd like to try.

5 Thank Sarah488
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Whats all the fuss about?”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Not sure what all the fuss is about regarding this tiny Cafe . Very small,,cramped and no finesse in lunch time cooking at all.Just a simple bit of parlsey on a bland macaroni with no garnish makes all the difference.Cakes were stale and looked better than they tasted. Dont know what all the fuss is about ?

Visited June 2013
5 Thank chantelle g
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic breakfast and coffee”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Lovely little establishment, great bacon toast and maple syrup but the home made beans chorizo on corn bread were exceptional, think we might buy a house in Helensburgh so this is our local deli.