“Lovely but verging on the crazy side of expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverhill Deli & Cafe - CLOSED

Riverhill Deli & Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Mediterranean, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: 01436 677 575
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely but verging on the crazy side of expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had wanted to try Riverhill for a while and the food that they have on offer is a bit different, interesting and made lovingly. We went in for lunch and got a chicken and bacon sandwich each. £8 for a sandwich with no chips or anything at the side. Yes it's fancy bread and a decent size for a sandwich but £8.. really!? Come on now. They had toasted the bread and it made the bread rock hard and difficult to chew and we both ended up with really sore jaws. It's much smaller inside than I expected and a bit cramped.. I can't imagine what it would be like when it was full.

For a drink and a sandwich each it was almost £25 which I find crazy as you could get a decent meal in a half decent restaurant for that price. I don't mind paying extra for something special but I just feel that their pricing is that bit too inflated and it leaves a sour taste.

I still want to give it another chance and there are a lot of other things I'd like to try.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Sarah488

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Whats all the fuss about?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Not sure what all the fuss is about regarding this tiny Cafe . Very small,,cramped and no finesse in lunch time cooking at all.Just a simple bit of parlsey on a bland macaroni with no garnish makes all the difference.Cakes were stale and looked better than they tasted. Dont know what all the fuss is about ?

Visited June 2013
5 Thank chantelle g
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic breakfast and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Lovely little establishment, great bacon toast and maple syrup but the home made beans chorizo on corn bread were exceptional, think we might buy a house in Helensburgh so this is our local deli.

Alexandria
“Yet again poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went over to Helensburgh yesterday for a spot of lunch and against better judgement went into Riverhill. My partner and I have both had lunch here a few years ago and I'm sad to say that the lunch time food is of a poor standard. I had a halloumi, olive tapenade and chilli jam on a flat bread. My Partner had a roll and sausages and fried egg. My plate came full of crisps most of which were on the stale side and dressed salad leaves which hadn't been washed properly. The flat bread its self was rather small and tasteless. My partner's roll itself look and tasted like it had come from a 4 pack of rolls out of the Tesco down the road whilst the filling was quite tasteless too. The only redeeming factors were the home baking ,the coffee and the service from the younger members of staff.
It baffles me why this place gets such good reviews, I have been to many other places that are doing the same thing much better.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jim_Alexandria
glasgow
“Best breakfast in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited Riverhill on Tuesday morning, food was excellent although I found the bread used to make the french toast rather thick. Atmosphere lifted my mood :)

2 of us had breakfast here and with one of us being vegan we nearly left as there was not much on the menu to cater for my friend, when we explained to the waitress that we were going elsewhere she was very helpful and asked ths chef to rustle up a 'vegan surprise' When it arrived we were surprised at how delicious it looked, my friend enjoyed this very much!

The freshly squeezed orange juice waa very refreshing, I wanted more and more of it. Highly recommended!

We will definetly be visiting here again!! Service was excellent!

• Visited May 2013