“Great deli / restaurant”
Review of The Buffet Shop - CLOSED

The Buffet Shop
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicatessen with large coffee/lunch area.
Glasgow
“Great deli / restaurant”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We visited Helensburgh today and decided to have lunch and thought we'd try The Buffet Shop.
If you are in the area you must go for lunch or a snack.
Soups and meals are prepared with fresh ingredients and the flavours are 1st class.
The staff are all very friendly and customer focussed.
After you've eaten there is an excellent deli. in the shop selling specialty meats and cheeses yum yum!!
All in all a very good experience inside, especially as it was a rainy day outside.

• Visited December 2013

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Let down by staff member”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I like the food in the buffet shop and love the deli. I have had some lovely meals there and most of the staff are lovely. It is for these reasons I find it hard to post this less than positive review. I bought my elderly aunt and uncle gift vouchers. I thought they could have a nice meal and relax. Both had been unwell and deserved a treat. On the day the used the vouchers they invited myself and my mother to join them. The food was nice. Unfortunately the older waitress was horrible. She removed my uncles soup from the table before he was finished. She did so in such a brisk fashion she frightened him. When serving the second course she pushed his elbow and tutted, telling him to move so she could put the plate down. He is hard of hearing so she frightened him again. I was mortified. I exposed them to this assault! I tried to make excuses for her but in reality she is just rude and extremely badly behaved. I believe she may be co owner but this is no excuse for such callous behaviour. Perhaps time to hang up her apron. The situation was only retrieved by a lovely waiter who I think may be their son. If this is this case she is an embarrassment to him. I will not be back. This bold lady needs to rethink her behaviour! Shocking! I see from previous posts this rude behaviour is normal? Shame on you! You are an embarrassment! You line the pockets of your competitors!

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Samollie81
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Always welcoming”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Having eaten at The Buffet on many occasions we felt it time to write a review. Each time we go for lunch we are never disappointed by the ambience nor the friendly staff, in particular Susan, who never seem to be flustered no matter how busy. The food itself is freshly prepared and well presented. Our latest experience (yesterday 26th November) found The Buffet to be very busy mainly with reserved tables - speaks for itself. I could go on and tell you about our lovely lunch but feel it would be best if you try this 'little gem' yourself. Go on give yourself a treat. Oh and I should add don't go past the deli section in the shop, I'm sure you will find something to buy and try.

• Visited November 2013
Olney, MD
“Food for thought”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Bought a bagged lunch here everyday during our stay since the shop is open early and our work meetings started early. The shop has an extensive assortment of meats and cheeses with which to create a nice sandwich. The owner is chatty so we did have to add some extra time for conversation. I'm used to more toppings/fixings on my sandwich than the shop adds to their sandwiches. They have a nice variety of beverages and snack food to go along with the sandwich.
I ate breakfast several times and did enjoy the food although it is a bit pricy compared to other shops in the square. I wish someone would offer a bottomless cup of coffee though sine it get expensive when you want a second or even third cup to accompany breakfast.
The service was generally good and it's a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. As always, people are friendlier when they notice you patronize the place frequently. The only letdown was the pancakes which was my least favorite meal of all the ones I ate at the Buffet Shop. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable experience.

• Visited September 2013
Loch Lomond, Scotland
“Stocking up for lunch”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The buffet shop has an excellent selection of deli foods, too much to choose from to be honest. Everything is really fresh and the only downside is that it's a wee bit expensive. However, it's brimming with produce that you simply won't find in any of the supermarkets.

• Visited September 2013