“the black bull”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gartmore
The Black Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gartmore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

we stayed in the Black Bull in Gartmore for 4 nights in July. the room was big we had tea and coffee that we could make and the room was cleaned every day,only down side was it did not have a wardrope but I got round by that by hanging my dresses on the picture rail. the staff were very helpful and the food was delicious congratulations to the chef .we slept very well and had really good time looking forward to a revisit. The locals in the bull werte very welcoming too and we had some very interesting conversations.

Room Tip: in our room wardrope would have been good but we did stay 4 nights so had more clothes most of the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Black Bull Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I ate at the Black Bull on Friday 2nd August evening, without a reservation they were able to accommodate us. I had the soup of the day (leek and potato homemade- Yum!) and Jerk Chicken with rice. My partner had Tempura Prawns and Steak cooked Medium Rare - and came out perfect. There was no room for dessert! The staff were quick and efficient with a friendly smile, just what you want from dinner. Was disappointed there were no Muscles on the menu but this was due to PSP and fisheries have been temporarily closed due to this.Well worth a visit if your in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ate here one night whilst staying at a local campsite.Very busy on arrival only two vacant tables.Nice menu with some interesting choices.Staff were friendly and attentive and the food was delivered promptly.Food was well presented and cooked to a good standard.Give it a go you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon10
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed in Gartmore House Hotel where evening meals weren't served. So we ended up walking the few minutes to Gartmore Village.

The Black Bull Inn was a small place, but the food is second to none.

I had the Sea Bass and seasonal veg and it was the best dish I had tasted in quite a while. The other half had Home Made Steak and Ale Pie and he too said it was the best dish he had in a while.

Service was a bit slow, but very much worth it.

They had pictures hanging on the wall that you could buy too and it was a nice idea, proved a conversation point as well .

Well done and thank you for a lovely few hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Visited this eatery last night which was recommended to us and the food was great. Nice choice on the menu and the staff were very friendly. My only gripe was i couldn't have a sweet, which looked scrumptious, S there was too much in the main course. Yes I know I shouldn't have ate it all to leave room for a sweet, but it was so good I couldn't stop!!!! Would certainly recommend and visit the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Never stayed here. Only visited to eat
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a pint with Mrs W. A wet Friday night in Stirlingshire. Our luck to find a great atmosphere, great beer and the US Open on TV. Our Idea of heaven. If you want to chill and have the buzz of conversation around you, you couldn't do better than the Black Bull.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had walked up to Gartmore from the Old Drymen Road car park in the Queen Elizabeth Forrest. Our near three mile walk almost brought us to disappointment because the bar seemed to be closed. Just as we were about to walk back to the car, a 4x4 swung into the square. "We are about to open" said the diver and passenger.
A few moments passed and we were seated in the warm and comfortable bar beside a roaring fire.
Diet Cola each and a burger for the Administrator and Steak Pie for me.
We expect to return to this welcoming place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glaswegian60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gartmore
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander

Been to The Black Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!