“Excellent hospitality and food.”

The Black Bull Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gartmore
The Black Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gartmore
Peterculter, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent hospitality and food.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went for a birthday meal to this place, as we were staying at a local holiday park. It was recommended, and we were not disappointed. The staff/proprietors were very friendly and helpful, and the fresh food was excellent. I'd recommend the Scallop and Stornoway Black Pudding starter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newmilns
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were staying at a lodge close by and decided to visit the Black Bull for dinner, from the minute we stepped inside we were made to feel welcome and due to the size of our party we were given a private dining room which was brilliant. The menu had lots of choice and it all sounded delicious and we were not disappointed when our choices arrived, it was all tasty, well presented and thoroughly enjoyable. Service was great. Would definetly recommend for meals. Very accommodating for families with young children as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night. The staff were pretty hopeless. Wanted me to fill in a sheet without a pen or pencil in sight. The room lacked heating. The shower handle was broken and the thermostat was faulty as a result the water temperature was either boiling hot or freezing cold. No staff on site untill 9 am just when I was about to leave so although they charged me for a breakfast I didnt get any. To top it all off, the cheeky owners thanked me for my complaints and refused a refund!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Visited the restaurant twice and was very impressed on both occasions
Food was freshly cooked and appeared to be local produce
Welcome from the owners was highly refreshing as they were genuinely interested in their guests
On both visits the restaurant was busy and many appeared to be locals (a good sign)
Will certainly be back! May even use the rooms that are available

• Stayed October 2012
Whalley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Although we didn't actusally stay at The Black Bull we ate there on two occassions when we were at the Activity Centre there.
The first thing we noticed was just how friendly everyone was including the locals, nothing seemed to be too much trouble the food well priced and superb especially the Black Pudding and the Steak and Ale pie, just melted in the mouth.
Staff had 'real' smiles on their facres and happily chatted with us - not sure what the negative review is about I think He must've been having a bad day!
Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have visited Black Bull twice, both times with a writing group who use its facilities for writing retreats. In total, I've now stayed there four nights and I can't fault the place - comfortable modern bedroom with en suite, fantastic homemade food and staff who truly care.

The first time I was there, I was struck down with a tummy bug. The staff were so kind - they found me a hot water bottle, offered to make me anything from the kitchen that I thought my tummy could handle, offered me glasses of squash, etc.

The negative review below is such a shame. The owners (I think they're called Liz and Andy) are lovely, as are the Irish gals. The bloke below must have caught them on a bad day.

Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Some noise from the bar until about 11pm, but I don't mind this - adds to the atmosphere of bein...