“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Shadows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drymen
Green Shadows
Ranked #14 of 23 Drymen B&B and Inns
Kingston, Canada
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed with some friends and had a great time, rooms were spotless, breakfast could not be faulted and our hosts were very pleasant and helpful.
Very peaceful setting overlooking golf course, and each suggestion Gail made for things to do or where to eat were spot on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Gail is simply the perfect hostess - she provides an excellent service in her beautiful house. For anyone walking the West Highland Way, or visiting the area, you will struggle to find a better bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was a joy to stay here. Gail was very friendly and gave us great pointers on where to eat in the village. She knew what was going on in each eatery, thereby knowing if we'd have to wait or not, and we went with her first choice which did not disappoint. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angi L
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at Grren Shadows on our first day of walking the WHW. we arrived early in Dryman so stayed in the town for while as we could'nt book in until 4pm has it was a lovely sunny day this was no hardship.We could have called Gail for a lift to the house but we walked it being so nice. The House is in a lovely area along a private drive over looking a golf course.
Our room (en suite) was lovely with a fab shower and great view.
Gail kindly drove us into Dryman so we could get dinner and insisted on coming back for us even though we said we could walk it being a lovely evening.
A lovely nights sleep in very comfy bed and then a lovely tastey breakfast to set us up for the day!! A lovely hospitable stay... recommended!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at Green Shadows on the first night of our West Highland Way walk.

After having walked 12 miles from Milngavie, it was so good to get picked up by
Gail from the village of Drymen.

Great location and great views from our room.

Gail the owner of Green Shadows is a really friendly host and gave
us some really good advice on where to eat – Clachan Inn!

A B&B with a bit of style - and great breakfasts too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean W
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

When we arrived in August 12 my husband nearly didn't come in when he realised it was someone's home that we were staying in. The lady was the only one there are has grown up children so very quiet. It had an attractive downstairs lounge.We are used to 4*'s. we stayed just one night but wished we had more. Excellent area to explore. The upstairs room had stunning views and big windows, the furnishings were equal to the best hotels with attention to detail and style. Immaculate, excellent breakfast. High quality bedding and towels. Eating recommendation was spot on. Although there were 2 other sets of guests we neither saw nor heard their early departure. I would definitely stay there again.Thank you Gail.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth L
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

After a tough first day on the West Highland Way in the rain and mis-reading my map when trying to find this B&B, I finally arrived like a wet dog with a "bag bigger than me" at Green Shadows. Gail quickly got me into my room, waited for me to shower, and then whisked me off to town to catch the last dinner service at a local pub. After dinner, she picked me up and helpfully stopped by an ATM so I could get some cash. Seeing the state of me with my ridiculously large bag, Gail convinced me to use one of the WHW's bag carrying services and then arranged for AMS to pick up my bag in the morning. (AMS were great, btw!) I spent many hours on the WHW praising your name, Gail. Oh, how you saved me!

After dinner, I hung out with some of the other guests in the house and had a wonderful time chatting with them in front of the fire. (I even ran into them on the WHW the next day!)

The next morning, Gail fixed a great big breakfast and went to great lengths to help the other guests figure out what to do with their day. Then after breakfast she drove me over to the WHW trail to begin day 2 of the way.

Just superb service all around. Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo