“Enjoyable stay”

Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Drymen
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After completing the Kiltwalk (Glasgow to Balloch) 6 of us stayed on a DBB deal. We found the staff very friendly and helpful right from the start. Our rooms were basic but very cleaning, the only fault was the hairdryer it was a bit dated. The restaurant served local cuisine and we all enjoyed our evening meal (the Seabass was fab). Our breakfast was also good, the waitress poured our teas into the cups and then came back to top them up, we would have preferred to have our own pots (we all like out tea at different strengths). Although we didn’t use the Leisure facilities this time they were included in the price. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caroline H
BAH_management, General Manager at Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest

i thank you for your kind comments, i thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel and Spa for your reent stay and i hope we can welcome you back in the BEST WESTERN family in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed April 28, 2014

When first approaching the hotel it just screams out traditional scottish hotel and as you enter that impression is confirmed. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and a lot of smiling faces. Room was basic but very clean and although I didnt get the chance to visit the spa facilities they come as part of your stay so you can't complain at that! The breakfast was a hot and cold buffet and was all very fresh and delicious.

There isn't much to offer around the hotel if you're planning on staying in the small village but if you're there to travel around locally by car then the location is ideal. I will definately be staying there again if I find myself attending another wedding in the area.

2  Thank Lisa M

Dear Guest

thanks for your kind comments, hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel a few times and it never fails me. Staff very friendly and accommodating although one restaurant waitress couldn't grasp that I simply wanted to pay for my meal in the restaurant but she is quite new. My room was lovely with a huge bed which was very comfortable (2,singles put together but who cares?). Spotlessly clean as usual and that bath!!! At 5' 10" I've never had a bath where my knees weren't up at my chin until this week!!! Decided to treat myself to a soak and was pleasantly surprised. As it was my birthday, I ordered room service for breakfast. Was served dead on time by lovely waitress. Bacon lovely but potato scones were AWFUL (deep fried)!! I asked for spread on my order form as lactose intolerant. Had to have dry toast as it came with butter!! I discovered in the restaurant the night before after submitting my breakfast order that they don't offer dairy alternatives - very poor for a 4* hotel. Restaurant is very overpriced. At £6 for a glass of wine I would expect a good quality, full bodied grape variety but what I got was a cheap, light wine which wasn't that great. However, the Buchanan Arms will remain my favourite as simply a lovely hotel. I'm already saving up for my next visit!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

i thank you for your recent review, i noted your comments and my team and i discussed how we can do better in the future to avoid such a situation.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Pleasant place to stay in Drymen which is close to East side of Loch Lomond. Generally good value for money with free use of leisure facilities including swimming pool/ sauna. Food in the restaurant was also good value but also some local inns nearby offering wide range of choice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Guests

i thank you for your kind comments, look to welcome you back soon

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We were getting ready to walk the Rob Roy Way (Drymen to Pitlochry) and spent the night before the walk began at the Buchanan Arms.
Our room was clean and comfortable with all the expected facilities. Breakfast was advertised as available from 7.30. We arrived shortly after that time and, although the cold buffet was ready, the hot buffet took another twenty minutes to appear.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest

i thank you for your kind comments.

Volker

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I booked a 3 night stay and were pleasantly surprised by the overall experience.A very spacious room at the front of the hotel with king size bed and three piece suite, an enormous bathroom too. All very clean. The atmosphere is very much country inn with comfortable bar areas to relax in. The restaurant provided a very high standard of cuisine ,wonderful wok seared prawns, lamb cutlets, chicken and salmon mains with superb sauces, a very capable chef with high standards. Breakfast was good too, my wife really enjoyed the locally smoked kippers, quite different from the usual supermarket fare. Service was very pleasant everywhere,the right balance. The pool was a lovely bonus ,clean and great staff. We could not have asked for more and great value too, we shall be back !

Room Tip: We had a large room at the front of the hotel with king size bed

Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to write your review. Great to hear we over delivered on your expectations and you had a fab time with us. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Volker

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Booked a spa day with light lunch for 2 through 'Today's great deals' voucher . Arrived over Easter weekend on a lovely sunny day and was glad the pool was quiet. Leisure facilities are old, tired and very basic. Pool, jacuzzi and sauna all very small but for old style hotel leisure clubs this is the norm, definitely would n't describe as a spa hotel. If spa packages are being sold robes, slippers and decent towels should be made available. Towels were the kind you get a local swimming pool, changing rooms small but adequate. Ladies toilets, tissue required to be refilled and showers had very basic shower gel with no shampoo or conditioner available.The smoothie that was given as part of voucher was not exactly appetizing but maybe just not to my taste ? Tea served as an alternative was served with brown sugar instead of white ! On the plus all staff were polite and helpful and best part i would say was light lunch although not that many choices, beef noodle teriyaki was tasty !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drymen
Winnock Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!