“Amazing experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drymen
Braeside Loch Lomond
Ranked #1 of 24 Drymen B&B and Inns
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I looked for accomadation for my father and his friends during the West Highland Way as they speak little English. I came here and all I read about Braeside Guest House was very good so I had no doubt about booking here for them. I got a quick answer and great help from Scott and Colin via email. I had good vibrations.

My dad and his friends stayed at the Braeside Guest House on their first night in Scotland. They had the best time there. Colin and Scott were extremely friendly and helpful. The house was very clean and the breakfast next morning was wonderful...

I've been told that staying at the Braeside Guest House was one of the best things during their trip. So, all I can say is that I've got a pending travel to Scotland as my dad made me green with envy and I will definately stay at the Braeside Guest House.

Thank you guys!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Colin F, Manager at Braeside Loch Lomond, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Certain guests stay in your memory for a long time and your Dad and his friends certainly fall into this category. Lovely people, great fun and a pleasure to have in the house. Their English was just perfect and they knew how to have a laugh. We still talk about them! Thank for taking the time to leave this review, we really appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Silsden, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed for a night last week whilst walking the West Highland Way and can only state how enjoyable the experience was. From the welcome cup of tea to a comfortable, warm room with its en-suite shower this is was all warmly received after a hard day's walking. Braeside is perfectly situated in the village centre with a pub literally just over the road. Colin was the perfect host and I would truly recommend that anyone looking for a place to stay in Drymen give this place a try. I would most certainly wish to stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Funtley, Manager at Braeside Loch Lomond, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Steve,

Many, many thanks for taking the time to review us here. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are pleased that our efforts got your West Highland Way off to a good start. It was our pleasure to welcome you here!

It goes without saying, you'd be more than welcome if you ever choose to return to Drymen.

All the best!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our second B&B on the WHW. We were welcomed wet boots and all, and sat down to tea. Colin took the time to chat with us, and he was full of great stories about folks who've stayed before (no names!). We really had a good laugh. Colin took our WHW Log Books over to the hotel and had them stamped for us. Braeside has a superior decor - I'm still coveting some of the artwork and the beautiful antique console in the entry! We had a good sleep, and breakfast was good, too. Thanks Colin - you're a great host.

1 Thank Jacqueline B
Dear Jackie - what a lovely review! Thank you! It was our pleasure to welcome you here and share the first stage of your West Highland Way journey. I had a look at your website too; you have some beautiful interiors and plentiful inspiration! We hope the rest of your trip was just as enjoyable.

All the very best!

Brechin, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

First stop on our West Highland Way adventure could not have been better. Highly recommend, well done lads first class. Stayed in cottage to the rear perfect after our walk. The Clachan pub just across the road for a well earned pint.

1 Thank Steve M
Dear Steve - it was our pleasure to host the four of you here and we are delighted that the Barn was suitable accomodation that worked for you. Thanks very much for leaving this feedback. We certainly appreciate it.

If you're ever back in Drymen, you'd be more than welcome.

All the best!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here on the first day of my West Highland Way. The place is superb, Colin is extremely nice, helpful, and welcoming. This was the perfect place to relax and restore en route to the Conic Hill and beyond!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank timjstark
Colin F, Manager at Braeside Loch Lomond, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
With our heartfelt thanks for leaving such a fantastic review. We really appreciate it. We trust your West Highland Way adventure was everything you'd hoped it would be. All the best!
Poynton, Stockport, Cheshire
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here en route to Ullapool and we where truly pleased we did. Colin made us welcome, introduced us to another guest and provided a welcoming cuppa and a biscuit. Room was lovely, clean as a whistle. Breakfast was very tasty with nothing being too much trouble. If you find yourself in Dryman, check it out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff K
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely response. It such a pleasure to host your wife and yourself on your Wedding Anniversary. With our best wishes for many more anniversaries and our assurances of a warm welcome should you ever return to Drymen.
Beamsville, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Braeside Guest House was simply awesome. My wife, two sons and me had just completed the first part of the West Highland way, and we were tired, grumpy and in need of a good bed to sleep in.

Colin Fleming and Scott welcomed us with open arms, informing us of all the local activities to taste and partake. We came from Canada and it had been 17 years since I had been home to Scotland.

The accommodation was simply wonderful; from the decor (beautiful) to the beds and washroom with a great shower (heavenly) and not to mention the full breakfast offered when we woke up in the morning. It was the best start to the second day of our walking vacation.

Both Colin and Scott made such an impression upon our family that, we'll be back to stay for sure. We highly recommend Braeside Guest House Loch Lomond.

Best regards to Colin and Scot.

Room Tip: No need to worry about rooms, the room my wife and I and our two sons has were pristine. It's al...