“Another great location on Loch Lomond”
Review of The Oak Tree Inn

The Oak Tree Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Drymen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a rather overcast day, but the warm welcome and the cosy atmosphere were very pleasant.
The food was very tasty and the staff were helpful without being pushy.
The one thing that is a massive plus point is the fantastic view.
I will definitely be back on a sunny day is it would be breath-taking.

There are newer reviews for The Oak Tree Inn

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I were out on our boat on the Loch Lomond , we were staying the night on the boat and decided to stop off and get something to eat , on walking onto the INN no one welcomed us , it was left to us to find a table , menus were then dropped on table and came back took orders , had to keep asking where our drinks were , starters arrived and when we finished the starters the plates were left on table for at least 20 mins before someone bothered to take them away , main meal wasnt that much better , staff need servere retrianing on customer services, we felt we were a hinderance to them by asking for drinks and food etc , the two folk that were serving didnt smile once , it was obvious that they didnt want to be there or they didnt want the customers there , its just a shame that Tourists will leave with the wrong impression of Scotland after going here , prices were very high as in crazy tourist prices because almost everything on menu had the word Scotland in it ...avoid

1  Thank rescueuall
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took a drive out to the Oak tree on a Saturday night after work. When we arrived the place was quite busy and we were told there was only seats available in the patio. This was fine as the balcony area was undercover and heated.

The only annoying thing about the balcony was that a bunch of kids kept running in and out leaving the door open. It was pretty windy outside so it wasnt ideal. Though not the fault of the restaurant, a few of the waiters walked by the door and left it opened.

Our drinks order was taken reasonably quickly as was our order of main meals. But we then had to wait 45 minutes for our meals to arrive. Yes, they were obviously busy but we ordered just after the couple next to us who had finished their meals by the time ours arrived. My boyfriend also had to go through to the bar to get our next drinks order as we were not asked by any of the waiters if we wanted another.

When our meals finally did arrive, we were given no apology for our long wait. The food itself was pretty good. I ordered the fish and chips which came with a really tasty pea puree which i really enjoyed. My boyfriend had the burger which looked pretty delicious.

I think the main problem was where we were seated. At least two other tables complained about their wait. On my last visit everything was fine and I did enjoy the food. Once again, I feel my experience has been ruined by bad service. Hopefully it was a one off in this case. We maybe would have stayed for dessert but didnt want to wait another half an hour for banoffee pie. Instead it was a trip to mcdonalds drive through for a speedy toffee sundae.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Oak Tree serves food all day and if you have ravenous teenagers who have just finished a long hike, this is just the place. The Burgers in a sour dough bun are massive. If you want protein overload, go for the double burger. I had the steak pie which was full of chunks of meat and a small mushroom!

They also have locally brewed beers which are unusual and quite palatable. The Balmaha cider was excellent.

Car park opposite is free and you can work up an appetite by strolling up Conic hill behind. Signs welcoming walkers was good to see. Roaring log fire warmed us up for the next leg.

Highly recomended

Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a gem of a place, excellent service, very good food, varied menu and reasonable prices. Definately nip in here for food, drink or coffee and cake :)