“A hidden treasure”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited on a cold November day and were greeted by a roaring log fire, which was appreciated. The food was first class, as was the service. This was our second visit and will not be the last, well worth the time and effort to drive to Balmaha, which is also a lovely place.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Dreich day with intermittent showers, so were glad of a warm welcome even though we didn't want a meal and it was lunchtime and fairly busy. Excellent cappucinos, excellent scones so huge they kept us filled up till dinner. Good service, quirky decor, but relaxing and nice not to worry about muddy feet.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We decided to have a lunch out on what was a poor mid November weekend day.

Having visited the 'Oak' before with a friend I decided to take my wife there for Saturday lunch. Throughout our visit, service was friendly attentive and informative. The food was excellent with good size portions and piping hot on what was a very cold and wet day - threatening sleet and snow.

What is highly recommended is their own beer from the micro brewery behind the pub. I had a Blonde beer and cannot recommend it highly enough, I could have sat there all day, warmed by the fire, replete with a hearty lasagne sipping this very quaffable beer, but alas the 30 minute drive home had to be considered..!

We will return and we will use the bus next time.

See you again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My mom and I went there for lunch today
Well, it is just a very good option where to stop when you are in the area of Balmalah (instead of going back to Drymen) : good food (had the vegetarian lasagnas) and the atmosphere is really cosy & traditional :)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything, as already described in my review, hard to further on from what I have already said, totally impressed with all aspects of the place.