“Not a regular.”
Review of Drymen Pottery - CLOSED

Drymen Pottery
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
“Not a regular.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

After looking round the village, opted for The Pottery for an early evening meal. The empty restaurant should have been a warning, but it was early in the week in a small village and I thought I might be the first diner, only to find that was still the case when I left.

The restaurant itself, set in a side conservatory with my table next to the fire, seemed quite nice, but it didn't get any better than that. No great menu choice and went for the safe bet of haddock and chips, regular rather than large because I wasn't feeling over hungry, but the portion was small rather than regular with the fish served on top of the chips on a child's size plate and I finished up supplementing the meal with six sachets of tartare sauce from the condiments dish.

End of season, early in the week, early in the evening, perhaps I just turned up at the wrong time.

• Visited September 2013
PotteryOwner, Owner at Drymen Pottery, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your time with us, however we do not offer a regular sized Fish and Chips, only small or large. We have never had any complaints about our portion sizes being to small, if anything we've been told they are too big. I am disappointed you did not enjoy our Fish and Chips as that is our most popular meals. As for our menu, we feel there is plenty to choose from and regularly get told there is too much choice.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cosy, Pleasant and Great Homemade Food.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Been here a view times with friends and family, as its not too far away from where I live. Every time I have visited I have gone for the Fish and Chips so this time I tried something new, with the help of the waitress who recommended the Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry. I was delighted with her choice, homemade and full of flavour ( I even got a side salad with it), the portions are massive but worth having to be rolled home. We were seated downstairs which is a but hidden away but a pretty little country dinning area, with a fire place that looks set for winter. We were also lucky to stumbled upon the bar one night, had dinner and then the live music started, so we made a night of it. This place is full of surprises (they were putting in a new gift shop when we were there......) and I will most certainly be back. The cakes look delicious so next time I may have to sample them, have heard great things about the 'Killer Meringue'.

Manchester
“Very average - verging on poor”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Carrot cake was odd, but edible

Scones were over cooked

Tea was welcome - but think we had a thirst after 12 miles

It was dry and warm, but decidedly average

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“3rd Visit - Homemade food fab & Killer Merangue”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had visited the Pottery twice previously, eating in the bar area as we didn't realise there was a lovely conservatory area at the rear of the building.

On this occasion we went with my girlfriends mum, dad and sister for Sunday lunch. We had raved about the homemade food and the deserts and we were not disappointed.

We had another fabulous meal and we all went home with full tummies. Well worth the drive from East Kilbride.

The conservatory was lovely and service good. The only downside (and not the fault of the restaurant) was there were a few wasps around.

Whether you pop in for a coffee and cake or a full blown lunch or dinner, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again for another great meal out.

Hexham, Northumberland, UK
“A welcome cake break!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice tea room, great range of cakes on offer. Carrot cake highly recommended, seemed to have some sort of oats in it, which made it really nice.
Beware the dribbly teapots though.... We ended up with a lake on our table!