“Nice food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh
“Nice food”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ate here with my son the food very tasty and the Staff where friendly. It was recommended by the owner of the B&B we stayed in and I was pleased all round

Port Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This may be one of many eateries in Drymen but it's the best: I do not mind waiting for homemade food to be made for me from local ingredients in this family run pub: on this lunch time visit it was the excellent steak pie, I wonder what it will be next time....

2 Thank Alison M
Glasgow
“Drymen's Finest”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We couldn't believe that we had been to Drymen on several previous occasions and eaten anywhere but here.

This family-run business sources fresh supplies locally and cooks meals to order. Their Highland Beef Steak Pie was the best pub pie I have ever eaten. The chips tasted fresh and the peas were as pea-fresh as frozen peas can ever be.

We ate upstairs in the Bar Restaurant. Next time we will try the downstairs Cafe Restaurant instead.

Surrey, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Exhausted and hungry after a wet climb up and down Ben Lomond, we fell into this place for dinner and I'm glad we did.

There are 2 parts to it: A lively bar area upstairs with a few tables and a cafe zone downstairs. We were a bit disappointed to find the upstairs area full as it looked like fun but we decided to stay and sit in the quieter cafe zone. And again, I'm glad we did! With hindsight this meant a much more relaxing experience with views into the pretty little courtyard garden.

The food was fantastic - I had lasagne which was absolutely delicious - so fresh tasting. Good value too.

I would definitely recommend this place if you find yourself in Drymen - for lunch or dinner.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank cvinsider
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Pot-tastic at the Pottery!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal here on our last night in Scotland after touring around for the last 4 days. Without doubt this was the best meal that we have had. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. Both had the chicken liver pâté to start and were both really pleased when it came with plenty of toast. I had the Cajun chicken and hubby had lasagne, both were really good. I then had the killer meringue and hubby the banoffee sundae. I can not recommend this place highly enough. We sat upstairs in the bar, which was full most of the time we were there.

2 Thank NellyJonnie