“Excellent B&B”
Review of Mulberry Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drymen
Mulberry Lodge
Ranked #1 of 24 Drymen B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed for one night in early August and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was lovely, clean and well presented, the owner was very friendly and a lovely peaceful setting. Great location for a walk into town that night where there was a good choice for food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your great review. I hope you had an excellent holiday and that the weather was kind. Take care Yvonne

There are newer reviews for Mulberry Lodge

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My cousin and I were walking the West Highland Way and although we were planning to camp I was feeling very poorly so we decided to check into a B&B for the night. We were so lucky to pick this one! Not only was it beautiful inside but it also felt homely (not an easy balance to reach).
Sadly I was not able to continue and we had to postpone the walk but Yvonne's husband gave us a lift to the nearest train station (I'm so sorry I forgot his name although I was a bit out of it). That is Scottish hospitality at it's absolute finest.
I wasn't able to manage any breakfast but my cousin enjoyed his very much. The beds were also very comfortable and the shower room was stunning.
Hands down the best B&B I've ever been to.
Thanks Yvonne and best of luck :)

Room Tip: Can't imagine any room not being lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

What a fantastic review. Thank you. I do hope that you got home in one piece and are feeling so much better. Such a shame that you had to cut very short your holiday but I am sure you will enjoy it even more when you eventually do it again. You know where we are second time around. Take care Yvonne & David

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Mulberry-Lodge is the best place to stay, when you walk the WHW. The lovely house is only few meters away from the walk, so after a warm welcome you can have a shower and relax, before going the few meters to the village for dinner. The doubleroom upstairs was great and the bathroom is very luxury. After a very tasty and rich breakfast you can do the next day of the WHW. A great thing is the pick-up-service from Rowardennon - so you can enjoy this excellent place for two days : )

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Once again it is lovely to receive such wonderful reviews. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and you appreciated the fact that we are right on the WHW so therefore you can shower and relax before going into the village in the evening for a meal. Pleased that the breakfast went down a treat. Kind regards Yvonne

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for one night during our trip on the west highland way & would say it was the best places we stayed in during our walk. We stayed in a beautiful double room with patio doors leading to a small decked area overlooking a lovely garden. The room was spotless & the bed was very comfy, just what we were needing after our 1st days walk. I would definitely recommend staying here if walking the west highland way as its literally 30 seconds off the route, although you may have to take a 10 minute walk into Drymen for some dinner. Overall a great B&B that I would definitely use again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Mulberry Lodge as your base for the first night stay on the WHW. I am so pleased you loved your stay and are thinking of visiting us again. Don't leave it too long. Take care Yvonne

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in Mulberry lodge for one night during our trip on the west highland way. It was one of the best places we stayed at during the west highland way. We stayed in the bunk bed room. It was an amazing b&b. After a day of long walking we slept wonderful. People were very friendly. The bathroom was very nice, with a good bath and shower. Place was very clean and neath!

1  Thank janneke k

Thank you for your fab review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great night's sleep which is what you need after a long day's walk. Take care and if you ever walk the WHW again you know where we are. Yvonne

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at Mulberry Lodge for 4 nights in August. We stayed here as it is a great base to go walking but also to try other activities near to the Loch and a little bit further afield (would defo reccommend the go karting about 1 hour away!). We stayed in the en-suite downstairs and it was lovely, comfy bed and super clean. The hosts were fab and had loads of knowledge of where to eat and where to go off-roading. Would defo reccommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you had a good break and maybe one day you could try again to go off roading (great fun). Kind regards Yvonne

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, using it as a base for walks in the area. Our host was friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived, and very accommodating to all of our needs. Our bedroom, downstairs with an en-suite bathroom, was stunning - very clean, with a stylish bathroom, and a fabulous terrace with views onto green fields. On our second evening we asked for a recommendation of where to go for dinner, and were told to try the bar of the Lake of Menteith hotel. Our host provided us with directions, and even offered to call the bar to see whether they were serving dinner. We were very pleased with the food, prices and location there and recommend it if you don't mind a short drive from the B&B.
The B&B is ideally located for walkers and car-based explorers (like us). We really couldn't recommend it more!

Room Tip: Our friends stayed in a room without an en-suite and were equally pleased with the room and the bath...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad my recommendation was a success. I do hope you will visit again. Take care Yvonne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Drymen
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
#3 of 24 in Drymen
The Drymen Inn
The Drymen Inn
#5 of 24 in Drymen

Been to Mulberry Lodge? Share your experiences!