“Our wonderful home from home”

Inverardran Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Crianlarich B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at Inverardran House recently and had a great time. I have a newborn baby who was 8 weeks old when we visited. John and his wife went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible offering help with the travel cot and baby equipment and ensuring that we were comfortable with extra blankets, a heater and any other items we may have needed. The room was spacious with a nice seating area overlooking the beautiful view of the mountains from the window. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the bed felt luxurious! The linen was clean and very soft and I had my best sleep in ages. Breakfast is amazing. You get so much and every bite is delicious. My only concern during my stay was that my baby may have bothered other guests when crying but the family made me feel at ease and welcomed me into their home. We will definitely be returning later on this year. Inverardran House is a beautiful house in a picturesque area with a good dollop of Scottish hospitality on top!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great value, extremely warm and welcoming hosts (but not intrusive). Fantastic hearty breakfast. Comfy rooms. Easy to find.

This is not a fancy hotel but a. perfect b&b, those expecting the for seasons will find some of those high standards by I'm guessing the pool is out of order just now ;) . But for those wanting a comfy stay with a beautiful view, and treated with the best of Scottish hospitality should pay john a visit.

Simply great. Thank you.
Oh the 4 for rooms s simply due to not having enough, also didn't want to be over gracious it people may think in the owners family.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank fleeet_fox
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here in July for just one night. We had stopped off on the West Highland Line to break up the journey to Fort William/Mallaig. The house is a 10 minute walk from the station and for a very short part there is no path, however we reached it without any problem. We stayed in the cottage just next to the house. The cottage was spacious, clean and had all the equipment you would need. We had breakfast the next morning in the main house and it was excellent. Would of loved to have stayed longer and may well go back. Would be very happy to recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The separate cottage is excellent, right next to the main house but with your own door and space.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights in very dreich weather. Accommodation was warm and welcoming. At the price, couldn't have really asked for or expected anything more. Simple, honest B&B. Great breakfasts - I have stayed in lots of hotels and guest houses and I think this was one of the best starts to the day in along time. Great portions, well cooked (to order) and nice ingredients (sausages an eggs especially). Bedroom was small but cosy and did the job. No TVs in the bedrooms but that was no issue as internet connection was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

i recently spent a weekend here with my son, having booked a double room as a treat for my partner. unfortunately, she couldnt make it, but, on arrival, John, without hesitation, gave my son and i an alternative twin room, which was just perfect for us both...one of the most genial, laid back landlords i have come across, (and i travel extensively all over scotland)..John was always there if we needed anything, and is a mine of useful info on the local area. And those breakfasts?? WOW!! I cant say enough good things about this man, and this B&B...The house is clearly well maintained, spotless, & clean, with every thing i would expect from a better rated establishment, and i should know... i work in a 4 star Edinburgh hotel. So, well done, John, and Thank You for having us. we will definetely return soon.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms, although number 4 had a postcard view of Ben More covered in snow
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Spent one night in the little cottage next door to the bed and breakfast house. The cottage was perfect for us and our 2 small dogs. Whole place very clean and warm.The inn over the road was very welcoming and served good beer.
John was a wonderful hos, what a great fun character. Had breakfast in the main house the following morning,it was the best breakfast of the trip

Excellent value, clean,will be back when next going to the islands.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andjo187064
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Finally arrived here after a long, wet, and windy walk from Inversnaid, and the Inverardran House was everything I needed. It wasn't exactly on the West Highland Way footpath, which skirts the town of Crianlarich by about a half mile or so, but it was easy to find and not too far from other facilities. I had dinner at the Ben More Lodge across the street, which serves delicious food at very fair prices (and it's possible to spot our friendly B&B owners there sometimes too -- thank you John and Janice!)

The house itself is at the end of a long driveway at the very edge of town, making it appear somewhat rustic and isolated. Combined with the constant pitter-patter of rain (welcome to Scotland) and foggy views of the surrounding hills, it made my stay an especially cozy and comfortable one. My room was fully-provisioned with en-suite toilet and shower, and there were also enough hangers and closet space to set my wet clothes out to dry.

John and Janice were exceptionally gracious hosts and were very helpful and forthcoming with travel tips for the area. The breakfast, complete with homemade jam and Scottish black pudding, was absolutely delightful and kept me energized for my next day's walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TrapDivisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crianlarich
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
0 mi away
Glenbruar House
Glenbruar House
#9 of 10 in Crianlarich

Been to Inverardran Guest House? Share your experiences!