“A meal with Celtic Challenge participants”
Review of Rod and Reel Pub

Rod and Reel Pub
Coventry, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“A meal with Celtic Challenge participants”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a very basic restaurant, a bit shabby, but serves up good sound food with healthy portions, if you want to get filled up at a reasonable price then visit here

Fettercairn, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Do not even bother entering the premises!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed in a nice B&B in Crianlarich and went for a walk in the evening and thought we would have a drink in the Rod and Reel.BIG MISTAKE, I truly wished that we had not bothered. Nobody was in the pub at 9.20pm on a Friday evening....wonder why? Well the woman behind the bar to whom I believe is the owner or part owner was one of the most unfriendly and abrupt person that we had encountered for a while. Absolutely, NO MANNERS OR CUSTOMER SKILLS what so ever and should not be in the Hospitality Industry. Very disappointing and I certainly would not be recommending anybody to stop here, just drive past, such a shame as the right people could make this public house work and attract cutomers in such a Tourist related area. I would not be surpised if the place just Closes and gets boared up.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank HoweOTheMearns
Glasgow
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Hmm, not somewhere to take people when showing them the beautiful highlands.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I'll be honest, we were really hungry but the loos & decor were so dreadful that we were too scared to try the food.

Pity because beautiful surroundings.

2 Thank DrFussy
Tennessee
“Haggis, neeps & tatties, oh my!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Being a pub/restaurant in a very small village I really wasn't expecting much. I took a chance and ordered the haggis, neeps and tatties with a whisky sauce, a dish which can either be really good or really bad. This one was really good. My wife had the chilli and taco which was also quite tasty. Add in a couple of micro brews from Oban Bay and a couple of whiskies and we were well sorted after a hard day on the West Highland Way.

Kirkwall, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't bother.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friend and I visited the rod and reel while doing the west highland way. As soon as we walked in we felt unwelcome. The young chap behind the bar didn't acknowledge our presence, not even a hello and continued to eat his own, what I believe was his breakfast. We had thought about having lunch but very quickly decided not to. We did feel like we had t buy something so we ordered a coffee each and even felt like we were under pressure to order food. It was a tiny, expensive cup but probably the only good thing about the place. We left there and went to the station tearoom where welcome was much warmer. I will never go back to the rod and reel and strongly advise no one else goes there until something is done about the attitudes we came across.

Visited April 2013