Craigbank Guest House
$88
  • Restaurant
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel(Crianlarich)(Great Value!)
$114
$113
$131
$82
  • Restaurant
Loch Long Hotel(Arrochar)(Great Value!)
$81
$76
Agoda.com
Arrochar Hotel(Arrochar)
$61
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdrying roomwest highland wayb blocal hotelrod reelsoy milkthe puba wonderful stayclean roomshill walkingcooked breakfastnice breakfastovernight staynext morningwarm welcomehis wifeloch lomond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were a group of 11 friends that decided to take on the WHW. Because of an unfortunate injury i had to take the bus to the BnB. Thus i arrived well before noon. Charles did not have any problem with this ( as long as not the whole group is early, because they were still cleaning).

our impressions were extremely positive. very friendly reception, Charles immediately started to dry our clothes, very clean rooms with a high quality bathroom hand comfortable beds. Enough hot water available to have 11 people have an extensive shower. we were very impressed with the presence of electrical blankets for easing our sore muscles..

The breakfast was very tasty and sufficient.

concerning the road noise: i think you will only notice it if you normally live in a very quiet place. it was never disturbing at all.

The only remark i can make is of the low quality of the wireless signal. installing a booster so that it can also be accessed in the rooms would make it just very perfect for a place to stay. (e-mailing in the public room is fine, but sometimes it would be nice to have a private skype-session with the homefront. )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I, and our two dogs, stayed at Craigbank for 2 nights in May 2013, when we were going to a friend's wedding in the area. We had stayed before about two years prior and had a lovely time, so we leaped at the chance to book in here again for the wedding visit.

First things first, the cleanliness at this B&B is exceptional. Two years on and the bathroom still looked pristine (we stayed in the same room as on our previous visit). The decor is fresh and appealing, the welcome was warm and the breakfasts very tasty. We love the fact that the conservatory is the breakfast room. We both opted for the full cooked breakfast and were pleased that all the ingredients tasted fresh (not at all greasy) and that it wasn't just a massive plate of fried stodge! Portions were sensible but filling, and they'll bring you as much toast as you want, if that's your thing. There are also cereals, juices, and grapefruit which you can help yourself to.

But the main thing that makes me want to rave about this place is how our dogs were treated Now, I hasten to add that our two large (mastiff and labrador) dogs are very well behaved, and I don't want to encourage a wave of pesky four-legged friends to Craigbank! But Charlie really did go above and beyond our expectations.

I had emailed several weeks before our arrival to see if we could bring the dogs, and explained we would bring a large crate to make sure they didn't get hair all over the furniture. We were told it would be fine to bring them. Charlie made a big fuss of the dogs when we arrived and immediately offered to help out while we were out all day at the wedding. Our plan had been to pop back a couple of times between ceremony / drinks / dancing etc, but Charlie assured us it would be no trouble and that, if we left instructions, he would take care of them. And take care of them he did!

We were out from midday to 1am. When we returned the dogs seemed happy, and tired. At breakfast the next morning Charlie told us he had taken them out for two walks! We only asked for them to be fed and let out for a wee!

Also, I should mention... one or two reviews have said that the rooms at the front of the house are noisy, being on the main road. They are not! We have now spent a total of 4 nights at Craigbank in the downstairs room, right on the road, and did not hear the traffic once! There isn't even that much traffic anyway!

Thanks again for a wonderful stay. We'll be back.

Room Tip: I am sure all are lovely
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveFit
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Craigbank with our teenage daughter. The welcome was warm, food good and the standard of cleanliness second to none. We all had a peaceful nights sleep as all beds were spotlessly clean and comfortable, and the guesthouse was nice and quiet despite being full the night we were there. We would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Downstairs double particularly suitable for disabled people, I have suggested to my elderly parents.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Craigbank Guest House. It was our first stop in Scotland and we were warmly welcomed by Charlie. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious and served in a wonderful solarium. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin M
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. Charlie was most accommodating....and his wife was the "guest cook" the next morning! I don't know how anyone can have any complaints. The food was great, the hosts were charming, and the room was large (we had the one in the back). We were on our way to Glencoe and stopped here for the night. I am glad we did....I would recommend it to anyone going that way. Why stay in a chain when you can stay here?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple