“Most enjoyable”

Ranked #1 of 1 Balquhidder B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was returning from the Hebrides to London with my dog, and needed an overnight stay in order to catch a morning train from Stirling to Kings Cross. Ideally located, dog friendly and serving tasty, well prepared food, Mhor 84 was a perfect choice. Mhairi and Holly were the perfect hosts .. Making Darcy, (my dog) and I very welcome. Friendly, knowledgable and caring, coupled with a kitchen executing mouth watering food, I'll be back when I am next visiting. Although the bedroom was basic which I had expected, the bathroom was tiny but the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was as tasty as dinner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Condor1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We dinned at monchyle mhor and stayed over here. Our service from holly was great from the moment we walked in the door. We were shown to our room, which was right above the bar. There was a mild hum of noise from the bar, but thats not something that bothers us. Holly arranged everything from our taxi to monychle to bottle of prosseco in our room.

Our room was warm, inviting and clean. It is shabby sheek, but contrary to other reviews we thought it worked. The bathrooms do need redone but are perfectly adequate for a nights stay. We had hot water both the friday and the saturday morning.

The motel does allows digs, and has a high turnover of walkers through its doors. There rooms are really geared for this, but still cosy enough for a couple. Our bed so comfortable I could have stayed in it all day

We had a lovely view to the front of the hotel. Which was snow covered in the morning. Just lovely. Our breakfast was great. We bith chose the big breakfast. It came with mushrooms, poached eggs, bacon sausage, beans, potato scone and toast. I would say the orange juice came in very small glasses for the price. But that is my only complaint.

This motel does exactly what it says on the tin. And I can't wait until my next visit.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went in for some afternoon lunch, grandparents, parents and kids. Took a minute of so to serve us and offered us a table freshly used by company before hand. After we asked table to be wiped, we began to order, menu have limited choice. Which wasn't the the problem, but the problem was most of the meals didn't have ingredients, or what came with the meal. We ordered food and drinks and one child order, just beans sausage and egg. Not on the menu but order that. I order a "BIG breakfast". When food came, was what, my "big BREAkfast" only included toast! The same as the child order. Mine cost £7 - beans, sausage,egg and toast £3.50 - for beans,sausage and egg.

Everyone commented about how unfair and how little there seemed with accordance to the price.
All staff seem to be on another planet, slow, docile and lacking in smile.

Room Tip: Get a mcdonalds. And a Gregg's
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Sunday lunch beside a roaring log burner in the snug area, was to die for.

Fish cakes for Sandra, burger for me, both freshly made from great ingredients and cooked to perfection.

Atmosphere was lively, even though it was a dreich snowy Sunday after 2pm, staff were great and attentive with being too pressing.

Finished with a two great sweets and coffee.

Highly recommend a visit, this how to style and run a country pub/diner (With rooms if required) Nice eclectic rural style decoration, very clean and tidy, but lively with a warm welcome and great food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Took advantage of a special rate for B&B to spend a February night at the hotel - dinner was extra.
Let me first mention the excellent reception - we were 'upgraded' to a superior room without asking.
Staff were uniformly friendly and the 'fasting menu' excellent. I am not a fan of the latter but here is was a success. Breakfast was superb and we left promising to come back for 2 nights next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scotland, UK
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our bedroom at Mhor 84 was 'shabby chic' - vintage furniture, cool posters, high threadcount bedlinen on comfortable beds. The bathroom was ok but not of the same standard - it was jaded. I guess the owners are refurbishing gradually.

Food was terrific - I had oysters, seared venison and the cheeseboard at dinner. I had the mountain salad for lunch the next day, and this was a terrific mix of super foods - lentils, leaves, beetroot, celeriac, carrot, and more. Cakes, soup, scones are also available throughout the day. The log burning stoves make the bar and restaurant welcoming.

This is a welcome addition to the area, executed with imagination and love.

Room Tip: There is a family room with a kingsize bed and big bunk beds, £90.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DoctorWScotland_UK
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in December as part of a promotional offer. My second stay of 2013.

The hotel and staff were as warm and welcoming as ever and really are the stars of the show.

The food is amazing and unique. Not cheap but the quality is worth it. Breakfast was also excellent and puts mass produced buffets to shame.

The rooms are bright and comfortable and I challenge you to find a more comfortable bed!

Great place for exploring the area and do visit MhorBread (and Fish) in Callander for some treats.

Expect warm, friendly hospitality, great food and stunning Scottish wildlife and scenery when you stay here.

Thinking about visit three already......

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balquhidder
Monachyle Mhor
The Four Seasons Hotel
The Four Seasons Hotel
#2 of 2 in St. Fillans
The Achray House Hotel and Lodges

Been to Mhor 84 Hotel? Share your experiences!