“Great food, unsmiling service.”
Review of Mhor 84

Mhor 84
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stopped for lunch , our meal was excellent , unfortunately the service let the place down and spoiled the atmosphere. Unsmiling , unwelcoming , ..........certainly no Scottish hospitality here, very disappointing !

2  Thank pixie311

Reviewed April 14, 2014

excellent food and great music. I ordered the burger and it must have been the best burger i have ever had! Just amazing. It is such a cool place, a real jem.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you are within 20 miles of this wonderful cafe / restaurant, you must stop by. Without doubt, this is the best pub/ cafe type lunch I've had in many years of coming to the Trossachs. The only food that compares is at its big brother / sister, Monachyle Mhor a few miles up the road. The children's food was beautifully cooked: simple and small portions of a quality that adults would relish. My burger was as good as I've had anywhere. My wife proclaimed her salad exceptional. The service was warm and attentive, the room quirky and interesting. I think GBP 50 for two adults and three children is not inexpensive but in terms of value elsewhere in the UK and especially in the south, it seemed very reasonable. We shall definitely be going again.

1  Thank Piece_of_Cod
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The restaurant in this motel is quirky with a mismatch of furniture and something of a school canteen feel. Everything we ate was very tasty and the emphasis seems to be on making the best of the fantastic array of fresh Scottish produce. They catered well for dietary requirements. When I called a few hours before we attended to enquire about the vegetarian option I was told that the chef would make something specially to suit. I then arrived to my own menu with a choice of three vegetarian starters and main courses.

I would thoroughly recommend a visit here if you are staying in the local area.

1  Thank CandyB101
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed at Monachyle Mhor Hotel in October last year and visited again for lunch in November.. Popped in here but was too busy and didn't stay.. So decided to go for brunch this weekend.. Not disappointed.. Took lots of photos and enjoyed people watching while awaiting a cooked breakfast and pot of tea followed by some homemade cakes.. Also sampled a glass of house wine.. Staff friendly and warm cosy atmosphere .. Looking forward to a trip back soon..