“I wish there were more like Mhor 84”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mhor 84

Mhor 84
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“I wish there were more like Mhor 84”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch on way home from a week in Skye. Mhor 84 offered better atmosphere, service, quality than anywhere we had experiences on Skye. Go here if you want excellent food, fantastic beer, friendly staff and a really cool atmosphere. This is what eating in Scotland should be like. They set the bar really high !

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really satisfying foodie experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Mhor 84 was luckily on our path to Monachyle Mhor. Hungry and tired we were casually comfortable in this quirky and relaxed restaurant. It's a worthy extension of the Mhor brand. If you're facing away from the lovely hillside view, the soundtrack and interior could easily transport you to a hip venue in any cosmopolitan suburb. But that's not what matters - the langoustines, chips and salad were delicious. Happy making. Gorgeous. Best lemon & garlic butter since Kinsale. A homemade moscow mule washed things down nicely. Don't miss a cake to finish. Best donught in ages and worth every calorie.

Glasgow
“Lovely food in a beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Linked to my review of the hotel itself, lovely place to eat and wonderful menu, although service is a bit sporadic.

Visited July 2013
“A really nice lunch and a little quirky!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I had been out walking and arranged to meet my wife here. It looked a bit quirky from the outside but we were greeted by really friendly staff. It was very informal and quirky. As I was starving decided to eat here.
I really wanted something meaty so I asked for steak, egg and chips and although it wasn't on the menu they were happy to cook it. The meal was very nice indeed and the service was brilliant! My wife had a chef's burger which was also excellent!
I have to say if I was passing again I would definitely return!

Visited July 2013
Scotland
“I really wanted to like this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Having shopped at their bakery and fish shop and heard great things about Monachyle Mohr I expected to have a good afternoon tea at Mohr 84. It was so nearly good, but not quite.
The staff were friendly and welcoming so it was a shame that our waitress was dressed as if she'd been gardening. She was wearing a pair of grubby white trousers which was a bit off-putting.
I asked for tea and was offered Earl Grey, Roiboos, chamomile or fruit tea but they had no everyday Indian tea. Hmmm.
My friend's coffee, which was fine, came in a chipped mug. The cakes were tasty and the surroundings were attractive in a quirky way.
I might give it another chance if I'm passing as I like the brand, but it'll need to go a bit better than this