“Great B&B - would highly recommend”
Review of Bay Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balmaha
Bay Cottage
Glasgow
“Great B&B - would highly recommend”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Balmaha isn't big, but the location couldn't have been better - at the bottom of the car park after climbing Conic Hill and directly opposite the pub. Very friendly, afternoon tea (which was very unexpected but none the less welcome), an excellent hot tub, comfortable beds and superb (and very large) breakfast.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
I wake up every morning & think 'wow - look at these views' In my eyes Balmaha couldnt be in a better location & I'm glad you agree.

After 25 years in the business I understand how good a nice cup of tea is after a long days walking.....,and of course, you couldn't have tea without a little slice of something to reward yourself with!

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay,

Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
karlsruhe
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Bax cottage is the best B&B I ever stayed in. You always get a very warm welcome the rooms are beautiful and very clean, breakfast is always as you like it and more than enough. The scenery is breathtaking and there is aa nice pub across the road. The hot tub just makes it perfect.

• Stayed April 2009
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
"Bay Cottage is the best B&B I ever stayed in"

Thank you so much. That really means an awful lot to me.

Take care,

East Lothian, Scotland
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Bay Cottage last week and we loved it. We had the studio which is above the garage and it was gorgeous. Spacious and very quiet, plus it was right next to the hot tub. Liz is a lovely lady, very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was more than enough. We didnt want to leave, we would have liked to stay longer!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you, but next time you have to stay for longer.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. It is lovely to read all these lovely comments & think 'my small contribution made their time in Balmaha enjoyable' - I think that's why I open year after year!

Many thanks again,

North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2008

This charming little B&B is quite possibly the best I've ever stayed in. Warm and welcoming, its owner, Mrs Bates, has pulled out all the stops. As well as beautifully prepared breakfasts and a never-ending supply of scones and pancakes, the accommodation provides a real home-from-home in the scenic Loch Lomond village of Balmaha. Mrs Bates was very helpful in suggesting some great local places to visit and we were really chuffed with her recommendation of the beautiful waterfront restaurant at nearby Lake Menteith. We also found the prices very reasonable, and with a pub just over the road and an outdoor hot tub to boot, what more could you want? This is the perfect place to stay and relax, whether you're tourists for the weekend like us, or looking for a little extra comfort after a hard day's walk on the West Highland Way.

• Liked — Welcoming host, very cosy
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much.

I take great pride in my home & my hospitality and have taken great pleasure reading all your (and others) lovely comments. It makes it all worth while.

Twenty five years in the business & still smiling.

Many thanks once again,

Stirling
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Arrived at this lovely B &B on the first night of our west highland way. Great place to stay, warm welcome, great choice for breakfast, and a hot tub to relax in after a long day walking. We had dinner in the pub/hotel across the road which was really nice except from the staff. Definately recommend this B&B - oh and be sure to get the packed lunch for the following day :)

• Liked — The hot tub!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Sorry for the delay in response....I've only just recently seen all my lovely reviews.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It really means a lot that people have enjoyed staying with me.

Many thanks,

HoJu
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My fiancee and I have now stayed twice at this bed and breakfast.
We were delighted the first time and we were delighted the second.
Although the rooms themselves are excellent, the biggest draw has to be the welcome and treatment during your stay.
Staying here is not like a business arrangement between landlady and guest, but more like going to visit a treasured auntie who, while respectful of privacy, is delighted to have you with her and unable to do enough for you.
Just small civilities that you would not find in big cities - our word was the deposit for the booking, impromptu offers of tea and scones, and a baby gift for my pregnant fiancee almost made us want to hug her on the way out.
If you are in the area, and there are rooms available then you will NOT be disappointed. Beautiful area and a lovely experience.
Very, very good and we will certainly be back

• Liked — Mrs Bates
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
WOW. Thank you so much for your lovely comments - I don't really know what to say. You've left me speechless.

I'm glad you've enjoyed your stays with me over the years & I really appreciate your kind words.

I hope you & the family are well,

Take care & best wishes,

Liz x
Cheshire
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We stayed one night in early Sep 07.
On arrival given scones and tea/coffee which was most welcome, although I personally would have preferred tea and coffee facilities in the room.
Sizeable clean bedroom with tv and plenty clothes storage space.
There are en-suite rooms but we could only get a room with a separate bathroom which was adjacent and solely for our use. I have never seen a hotel bathroom so large, clean or have so many toiletries.
Breakfast was traditional (continental was available), good quality and more than enough. Even the "small" portion one of our friends asked for was larger than an average hotel breakfast.
We talked to other guests who were doing the West Highland Way and they said their bunkhouse accommodation was fine.
Location is ideal for the Loch and the West highland Way.
Would recommend to anybody

• Liked — accommodation and food
  • Disliked — No adverse comment
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Many thanks for your kind comments & I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

I'm happy to say that we now have tea & coffee making facilities in all our rooms.

I hope you are all well,

Liz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balmaha
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Winnock Hotel
Winnock Hotel
#1 of 2 in Drymen

Been to Bay Cottage? Share your experiences!