“Wonderful......BUT....”

Loch Lomond Waterfront
Bath, United Kingdom
“Wonderful......BUT....”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Here for a Family Wedding, we found this Accomodation really first class, luxuriously comfortable chalets in an idyllic setting.......BUT......spoiled by stupid things. Tea, coffee and sugar were very thoughtfully provided BUT, no milk! Why? Only 1 hand towel for the two of us in the bathroom! Why? ( we requested 1 extra per couple which we collected next day) Check in time a VERY late 4 o/c Why? Even the cheapest B&B gives a tea tray with UHT milk cartons, and 1 bath AND 1 hand towel per guest AND will allow you to arrive by 3 o/c latest ! There is a wonderfully stocked shop in Balmaha with very friendly staff, and the Fabulous Oak Tree Pub, all just down the road, BUT, it would have been so good to put the kettle on as soon as we'd arrived allowing us to relax and take in the serene atmosphere, instead of having to get up and go off hunting for the shop. As there is also a £6 per day 'energy charge' added to the bill, surely ONE pint of even UHT milk should not be too much to ask. This is a fabulous centre for Loch Lomond, and all the myriad amenities available there. Why spoil it with this niggly penny pinching? You could so easily be EXCELLENT.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ToothyPegs

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chichester
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed in one of the diamond standard lodges after being impressed by the website and facilities offered. Having arrived at the place we loved the views, location and proximity to local pub/shop. However we were a little underwhelmed by the overall finish of the site/lodges.
The hot tub was a great addition to facilities offered and the water chemical levels were checked every day, the steam shower was a bit of a disappointment as it was a rather cheap experience, I was hoping for a suana or steam room.
Unfortunately the WiFi was not working and the television reception was poor, you don't go to Loch Lomond to watch TV or surf the Net, but if the brochure mentions these then you expect to be able to use them.
The customer services were very friendly, both the owners and support staff were very charming and helpful.
We enjoyed our stay but our overall experience was not quite 5 star.

• Stayed May 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed here last weekend with family to celebrate a special birthday. The accomodation was excellent with every facility we needed for a relaxing break. We had a toddler with us and were provided with a cot , high chair and safety gate. Our lodge overlooked the loch and we so enjoyed the hot tub in the evening with a wonderful view of the loch. The lodge was clean ,comfortable and cosy. The weather was not good but we still enjoyed our stay and plan to return. The owners were welcoming and helpful and we fully agree with their attempts to keep the place peaceful for all guests.

Room Tip: I would suggest that the lodges nearest the loch .
Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HADDENHAM
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Went to Loch lomond waterfront from 26th to 28th April stayed in Gold lodge with Hot tub etc ....... Dont take notice of the other reviews that a negative this place is quiet relaxing and has all you need. The lodge was spotless has everything you require. There is the Old Oak pub down the road that does great food ! and beer ! The guys that run the site are excellent very accomodating friendly and a world of advice. Will be back again defo !

Room Tip: book a gold lodge
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TONY_ASHLEY
Woerden, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed at Loch Lomond Waterfront for 2 weeks back in july 2010 but I wasn't a pleasant stay, at all!

I was really looking forward to spend some time doing just nothing.after a tough and quite a noisy year. This hottub with view on the lake idea sounded ideal for me, great!

After my arrival the problems begun. On day 1, the day after a uncomfortable trip to Balmaha, I was expecting to arrive in a paradise, but the problems started with breakfast. Every morning there was a guy firing up the hot tub and I guess he was checking the water quality too. Maybe it is quite a strange thing but I'm always having breakfast in my underwear and with that in mind I would love some privacy especially when I am on holiday!

In the afternoon the same guy was mowing which was quite noisy and he did it quite often, to much if you ask me. To keep it short, I was just looking for a silent afternoon in Scotland and I did not find it here, thanks to the stupid lawn mower over and over again. I know this work has to be done but every time he managed to do it on the wrong time!

The hot tub for example: I only used it once in my 2 weeks staying there, and in this 15 minutes in the 2 weeks the mower managed to mow the grass next to my head when I'm "relaxing" in the hot tub, I could actually smell it! I mean there was enough grass in the rest of the park, why on earth does he have to mow it next to my head!

I had a horrible time there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
14 Thank RottenApple2
scotland
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Mature group, 1 of whom who has not had an easy year. We went to cheer her up. Only 4 people allowed in hot tub, despite plenty of space for more Lodge sleeps 6 but 2 must stay out. No hot tub use after 11pm. No music to be played with doors open onto patio. No wii fi connection. No fresh towels daily. Twice we had been told off before 8pm on 1st day for potential complaints due to noise (despite no one actually complaining). On 2nd night at 4 minutes past 11, owners appeared on patio for 3rd time to let us know it was past 11pm and spoken to like children. Both owners very oppressive and challenging . Do not go here with a group of friends intending on having a bit of a laugh. My friends left early leaving me to call my husband to join me for the final night of my birthday celebration. I suggested that the hot tubs be taken away in order to satisfy their obvious dislike of external noise and CD players removed for same reason.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
32 Thank amma2503
fife
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Just returned from a mid week break at the Waterfront...
To be honest I was quite disapointed ..
Maybe were just unlucky..The Lodge [no.8.. single storey].. was large and fully equipped with everything you would need for a self catering break..
It was clean.. although one of the showers did have black mould round the bottom of the floor tray..
The hydrotherepy shower did not work. Reported to reception the following morning.. was assured someone would be out later that day/evening to have a look..No one came...Reported again on Wednesday morning .. [now 2 days without the Hydro shower]..was sorted by the time we came back from our trip out.. Used the Shower Wednesday night..Late that night. the carpet in the hall. outside the shower was soaking..Reported it to reception Thursday morning.. I felt the gentleman was quite abrupt..he suggested that we had let the shower over flow... Wrong.. Used the Shower again Thurdsay night.. same thing happened.. soaking wet carpet in the hall.. Husband spoke to gentleman again when we were leaving again this morning.. he then tried to tell us that it was the previous occupents who had soaked the carpet.. wrong.. again.. the carpet was dry Mon/Tues..it was only when you used the hydro shower..he didn't seem interested..
On the plus side.. we did enjoy our stay.. Lovely peaceful location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cockerpony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balmaha
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Loch Lomond Waterfront? Share your experiences!