Here for a Family Wedding, we found this Accomodation really first class, luxuriously comfortable chalets in an idyllic setting.......BUT......spoiled by stupid things. Tea, coffee and sugar were very thoughtfully provided BUT, no milk! Why? Only 1 hand towel for the two of us in the bathroom! Why? ( we requested 1 extra per couple which we collected next day) Check in time a VERY late 4 o/c Why? Even the cheapest B&B gives a tea tray with UHT milk cartons, and 1 bath AND 1 hand towel per guest AND will allow you to arrive by 3 o/c latest ! There is a wonderfully stocked shop in Balmaha with very friendly staff, and the Fabulous Oak Tree Pub, all just down the road, BUT, it would have been so good to put the kettle on as soon as we'd arrived allowing us to relax and take in the serene atmosphere, instead of having to get up and go off hunting for the shop. As there is also a £6 per day 'energy charge' added to the bill, surely ONE pint of even UHT milk should not be too much to ask. This is a fabulous centre for Loch Lomond, and all the myriad amenities available there. Why spoil it with this niggly penny pinching? You could so easily be EXCELLENT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury self catering lodges and chalets in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park with loch views and private foreshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Loch Lomond Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Hotel Balmaha
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Balmaha, Scotland