I stayed at Loch Lomond Waterfront for 2 weeks back in july 2010 but I wasn't a pleasant stay, at all!
I was really looking forward to spend some time doing just nothing.after a tough and quite a noisy year. This hottub with view on the lake idea sounded ideal for me, great!
After my arrival the problems begun. On day 1, the day after a uncomfortable trip to Balmaha, I was expecting to arrive in a paradise, but the problems started with breakfast. Every morning there was a guy firing up the hot tub and I guess he was checking the water quality too. Maybe it is quite a strange thing but I'm always having breakfast in my underwear and with that in mind I would love some privacy especially when I am on holiday!
In the afternoon the same guy was mowing which was quite noisy and he did it quite often, to much if you ask me. To keep it short, I was just looking for a silent afternoon in Scotland and I did not find it here, thanks to the stupid lawn mower over and over again. I know this work has to be done but every time he managed to do it on the wrong time!
The hot tub for example: I only used it once in my 2 weeks staying there, and in this 15 minutes in the 2 weeks the mower managed to mow the grass next to my head when I'm "relaxing" in the hot tub, I could actually smell it! I mean there was enough grass in the rest of the park, why on earth does he have to mow it next to my head!
I had a horrible time there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury self catering lodges and chalets in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park with loch views and private foreshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Loch Lomond Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Hotel Balmaha
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Balmaha, Scotland