“BEST CARVERY OUT THERE”
Review of The Kilted Skirlie

The Kilted Skirlie
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sitting in our restaurant, you can stare out from either our floor to ceiling windows or our 100ft balcony (which is especially nice when the sun comes to visit) and you will have completely unobstructed views of the gorgeous Loch Lomond and the Bens. Whether you have spent a hard day shopping in the mall or are taking a cruise up the Loch - your day wouldn't be complete without a visit to The Kilted Skirlie at Loch Lomond Shores. The Kilted Skirlie and its surroundings is the best place to get away from your busy life and enjoy a meal in Scotland's most romantic setting. Open from 10.30am every day, The Kilted Skirlie offers a full breakfast menu until 12pm at which point we start serving our sumptuous Al a Carte Menu, full of hearty dishes made using only the best local ingredients or you can even you can choose from our brilliantly priced Set Menu. Our restaurant and contemporary lounge, can handle anything from a romantic booking for two by the window, to large family gatherings, parties and weddings - Please contact us for further details. We look forward to giving you a warm Scottish welcome when you visit us at The Kilted Skirlie.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went for lunch today with my boys decided to go for the carvery £5.95 what a deal. The meats where very moist the veg was delish all fresh and warm . My boys had the same and both enjoyed there meals . I've bean to a couple of carverys about and by far this is the best . I've read some reviews and for the life of me I DONT KNOW WHY people dislike this place . A tip from me try before you judge.

1  Thank bossman38
There are newer reviews for The Kilted Skirlie

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Been to this Restaurant quite a few time and was never disappointed. Went for lunch today and was surprised at how downhill it has gone. 2 Courses for £12.95.. fair price for good food but what we got was mediocre to say the least. The pate was good but the main of Haddock was very poor. The fish was a bit thin but tasty but the chip were of the frozen kind, in looks and taste. What looked like frozen garden peas were the veg. We also ordered two diet cokes, the drink was flat and very tastless, even the one my friend had with no ice in it. We did mention this on leaving. I expected more for £29 for two for Lunch. I wont be be back and wont be recommeding it to anyone else. Service was attentive and friendly, let down by the food.

1  Thank Eternalsunshine_10
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Food and service great even changed music when requested . Great view and cheery attentive staff. Very reasonable prices for standard of food and service.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We came here for my mum's 50th birthday on the 6th of October. I was kinda disappointed as i have been here a good few times before and i was always happy with the food and service. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't the best food we have ever tasted its kinda standard. A lot of food got sent back and some people never even touched their food. My grandad was sick after his steak. The service was ok. You get what you pay for.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Brilliant day out with the family to the sea life centre at Loch Lomond Shores. Lunch at the Kilted Skirlie was the icing on the cake!