“Outstanding”

Good for: Families with children
Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went here for our lunch and was not disappointed. There was a wide choice of food and the staff were so cheery and pleasant. We felt like they could not do enough to please us. Would definitely return if we were in the area again.

Visited February 2014
TullieInn, General Manager at The Tullie Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review. We are all delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to you returning the next time you are in Balloch.

Houston, United Kingdom
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is my second visit here and have to say really enjoyed it both times. Popped in for lunch on 3rd Feb and really enjoyed the food and the inside decor is lovely with the candles always on which is a nice touch.
On that visit we booked for the next Monday for dinner and took our two grown ups and we all enjoyed the food and again the service was very good especially abbie thanks for the candle in the pudding my wife appreciated that.Like someone said it was trying to look like the Boathouse at Cameron House and failed but i have to disagree it may not have the same outlook but inside it is nicer with a more relaxed atmosphere will be back next time I am up golfing.

• Visited February 2014
TullieInn, General Manager at The Tullie Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed both your visits and are looking forward to you returning in the future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Almost a great experience”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I went here for an evening meal on a Tuesday. We booked a table and on arrival were greeted and shown quickly to our table. We'd already taken a look at the menu online so we knew what was on offer.

Our mains came quite quickly and were very nice. I'd ordered a dessert and we waited 30 minutes after finishing our mains for it to come. But the staff never even acknowledged that our mains were finished or cleared our table. We unfortunately decided to leave without my dessert. The staff were apologetic and they were very clearly too busy for just the 2 members of staff that seemed to be on. They said that it is not normally that busy on a Tuesday and I don't doubt. I did feel sorry for them but it was just too slow.

The place itself looks great.

• Visited February 2014
I am really very sorry that the service was not up to our normal standard. There is no excuse for this. I do hope this will not put you off visiting us again.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Will come back again if they add chips with steak”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We hadn't booked a Table To eat but yet the staff managed to Accommodate Us
The staff were very pleasant and attentive although they were busy . The food was lovely tho I had the mince and tatties I had to ask for more tatties as I felt there wasn't enough
The only downside was my husband had a steak which cost him £12.95 and that was without the chips just a steak on its own .You have to pay extra for chips ...shame really but apart from that the steak was cooked perfectly .

• Visited February 2014
TullieInn, General Manager at The Tullie Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. We will take on board your comments and look forward to you returning the next time you are in Balloch.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TERRIBLE service”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Staff were unfriendly and dont seem to handle the demands of a saturday night. We would not advice going here, instead we refer Cucina it was incredible all round :)

1 Thank Vinod B
I am sorry to hear that. I would be grateful if you could contact us directly so we can establish what the issue was. Please call us on 01389 752052 or email us at tullieinn@maclay.co.uk.