“Nice Friendly Pub”
Review of The Tullie Inn

The Tullie Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good pub and the meals were very good value and enjoyable.
Busy on a Saturday night but what do you expect really.

TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your review, your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have to say the restaurant smelled 'funny'. I'm not sure if it was from the cleaning spray they wiped the table with before we sat down, but it was quite unpleasant. I ordered an 'Oven' cooked baked potato only to be disappointed when it turned out to be 'microwave oven' baked. If that potato had been in a real oven for more than 30 seconds I would be most surprised as the skin had no colour or crispness. I have to say that my partner was pleased with his lunch so maybe all the food is not bad. Also, when the food arrived we ordered another round of drinks, which never appeared. Now the place was not busy, being 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon, but the service was slow. We gave up waiting, not only for the drinks that didn't appear but for a waitress to appear so we could request the bill and instead had to go to the bar ourselves to pay. Customer service and food quality could certainly be improved along with a spray of air freshener.

1  Thank Dreamer1967
TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not exceed your expectations. I will be investigating as to why the baked potato was not crispy & why the service was slow as this is not acceptable. I do hope you will return.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are a family of 4. Popped in yesterday for a bar meal before heading back to Edinburgh. This place seems to run a service called. "We will serve you when it suits us" Overall it took an hour from sitting down to have some food in front of us. We were told of a delay in the kitchen & our order would be taken ASAP. This was after they had got drinks in front of us. Food was average. Service was poor. Will not go back.

TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I would like to apologise for your wait for food when you visited. We will definetly take your comments on board & ask all team members to advise customers of any delays on their arrival.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Gone down hill from what it used to be. This was our 'local' for the best part of 7 years until changes in management, no idea why they changed it. Normally the bar was 10 deep, had great live bands and the atmosphere was brilliant. Recently it's been that empty we've saw taxi's arrive to drop people off, once they've been into the bar they about turn and get straight back into the taxi. Barstaff are friendly and nice as usual, however the management leave a lot to be desired. Popped in for Sunday lunch recently, the menu choice was minimal and the prices OTT. We waited a good while for our food to come and when it did one dish wasn't cooked properly. My young sister (12) came to the bar with me to help with the drinks (soft drinks only) and the snipe I got from over the manager (John's) shoulder was children only allowed in if their eating. If he paid more attention to his customers he'd see we had been eating!!!! Such a shame cause it once was a great place.

1  Thank KellyAnn13

Good Morning,

I am very sorry you didnt enjoy your visit to the Tullie Inn. We have to follow the West Dunbartonshire Licensing Laws when it comes to children on the premises this is totally out of our control. However this is not down to new managment John has worked at the Tullie for 10 years. I have spoken to him & he apologises if he was abrupt with you & your family. I do hope you will return in the future as we still have some fantastic bands on every weekend.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and i were out for a run last sunday and popped into the The Tullie Inn.. the restaurant was large and excellent for families and as we had a my son with us, who is a wheelchair user, this was a huge plus.. We ordered of their special offer menu.. which was 2 courses and a glass of wine for £10.95 i think... No complaints at all.. The portion size of each course was more than enough.. and the service was fantastic.. would certainly go back and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a good hearty meal, served in a relaxed, casual environment..

TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your lunch. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.